Poll - 2210 top link plate leak

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #1  

mhalla

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
<font color="green">This is for all 2210 owners. I would like to take a poll to determine what percentage of 2210s have experienced a hydraulic fluid leak around the top link plate.

For this poll to work it will take all 2210 owners on TBN who use their 3 pt hitch to respond, those who have experienced the problem as well as those who luckily have not.

This poll will be a good test for Club 2210!

Thanks for your participation,

Mike </font>

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #2  
I haven't had any leakage yet, but have only had the tractor since Sept. Would it have come with an updated plate? If not, where do they usually leak and how does JD dealer fix them?

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #3  
Mike,

As a few of you guys know, I have had several problems with this leak. Like yours, mine is an early production model. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will have more to add to this topic within a day or so. I don't want to ramble on about it publicly until I know it is resolved. I have been working on my problem with JD at all levels and I will be happy to share what I can when the dust settles. JD has been repairing this problem on a case-by-case basis, from my understanding.

MUCH more later.

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #4  
I have 73hrs on mine and the 3ph has always had something attached, either a ballast box, box blade or broadcast spreader. No leaks so far. Mine is a later production machine made last summer.

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #5  
Mine is an early production model purchased in Feb of this year. The leak started at roughly 30 hours. The dealer removed, resealed and reinstalled the same plate, no upgrade. Since then another 20 hours and no problems.

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #6  
Had mine for one year yesterday. Plenty of 3pt. use - no leaks yet. 90 hours.

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #7  
Mine is one of the very first ones, 60 hours, All useing the 3pth in some way, no leaks.

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #8  
No leaks for me (only 24 hours on it). I've had it since April

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #9  
I have had my 2210 since May 9th and have a total of 50.2 hours. So far, I have not experienced the leak (knocks on wood).

Brian

/ Poll - 2210 top link plate leak #10  
My tractor was just delivered in November after waiting about a month for the FEL. How do you determine the date of manufacture. Is it stamped somewhere inside? I just installed a 5' rear blade last weekend. I guess it's too early to worry about leaks.