jd 820 new pump

/ jd 820 new pump #1  

veto56

Tractor
john deere 720-1030-honda 4x4,ezgo
ok put on a new injector pump lined up marks.bleed system.fuel going to injestors.firers right up with shot of starter fluid.But wouldn"tstay running .Tractor been sitting for couple years in barn.can all three injectors be no good.or am we just missing something.Any help would be great.thanks:thumbsup:

/ jd 820 new pump #2  
Are you sure you have all the air bled out and a good flow of fuel from tank to inj pump?

/ jd 820 new pump #3  
Was #1 cylinder at TDC when you installed the pump?

/ jd 820 new pump
going to pull pump and check timing again .taking off valve cover and bring to just coming up on no.1.This is stumping myself as well as 2 other local farmer friends.But at lease we get to have some beers together.As the wifes are in the house YUK yak yak.Lolol thanks for all your help.

/ jd 820 new pump #5  
On the left side, front of the flywheel housing is a cover you remove (Key 5) in the drawing. There is a hole in the flywheel for a pin. That is to hold the engine at TDC. I think it also is for a flywheel turning tool.

/ jd 820 new pump
Ty y"ll for the come back.Ok the help is growing I had 5 local farming friends trying to get this tractor started.By the end of the day we are all stumped.WE are going to remove injectors and test.We have fuel to them.We think all injectors are clogged,but none of us believe all three would be clogged,but we are running out of opps.This is the story:NEW parts -injector pump,new starter,alternator,all new filters and seals on fuel system.Bleed system fuel up to injectors.No.1 at start of compression stroke ,pin in fly wheel.fires right up with ether,The end.wont run on the fuel.im hoping the injector pump is not pumping rihgt psi.its just been all rebuilt.so we are all at a stump???any ideas would be wonderful!!

Last edited:
   / jd 820 new pump #7  
I think I would change the injectors if the tractor has lots of hours on it. The injectors are not too expensive as I recall.

/ jd 820 new pump
I think I would change the injectors if the tractor has lots of hours on it. The injectors are not too expensive as I recall.

thanks going to do next every thing else is new from the tank up .

/ jd 820 new pump #9  
Another thing I would look at on the older Deeres' are the return fuel line connections. If you have the rubber lines and tees connecting the injectors you might want to replace these too. I had a line crack many years ago on my 450B dozer and started a fire with the fuel leaking on the exhaust manifold. Caught it right away so no problem but it did wake me up.

I sold my 820 last year but will say it was a good tractor and treated me right.

/ jd 820 new pump #10  
Did the idler gear have marks aswell ? Dont think so ? then timing must be timed by using a tool made like a Y with the bottom leg long ! Turn no 1 to TDC and hold the Y on the crank and get the marks on the camgear under the long leg of the Y. Do the same for the inj pump gear . Now slide your idlergear inplace and tightern .