Mowing John Deere L111 Automatic won't move

/ John Deere L111 Automatic won't move #1  

TheVikingCES

Tractor
John Deere L111 Automatic
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums. I've got a bit of a problem. My dad asked me to come over and take his back right tire off and get it replaced as it had a little dry rot on it. It had just been run and, to my knowledge, was running fine. I lifted it up and propped the back of the mower up and removed the back wheel. I got the tire replaced and put it back on the same day, within a few hours actually. After that, the mower will not move. At all. I've tried every combination of choke and mouth position I can think of and I can't get it to move. I've looked at the hub on the other side and to my untrained eye, I cannot see a difference. I checked the oil level and it's a little low. The engine has about 200 hrs on it and a little rust on the mower deck. Also, there's a small tear on the back of seat, the south Texas heat is brutal. I'm pulling what little hair I have out over this guys, can anyone help me? Thank you and pardon my sarcasm.

/ John Deere L111 Automatic won't move #2  
Welcome to TBN.

Just a guess here, but did you possibly move a lever to kick the hydro tranny out so the L111 could be moved about by hand?
If so, maybe that lever needs to be put back into drive position.
Just not exactly sure what method or type of lever is used on that tranny.

/ John Deere L111 Automatic won't move #3  
Your key stock feel out of axle. Remove the clip ring and you will see half a square on the axle shaft and the other half square in wheel. Should be something like a 1/4 inch square. Cheap to pick up at any lawn mower shop or farm store.

/ John Deere L111 Automatic won't move #4  
Good catch mjcountrybumpkin.

That had slipped my mind, and now recall how easy losing that key could be. Very likely the problem.

:thumbsup:

/ John Deere L111 Automatic won't move
OMG, thank you guys so much! I talked to my shade tree mechanic about what you guys told me and he just so happened to have some metal used for just this purpose. He gave me two different widths of metal just in case one didn't fit, I found the 3/16" fit perfect so I hack sawed off about a 2 1/2" piece and slid it in. After buttoning up everything and lowering the tractor it worked like a charm! Thank you guys so much for steering me in the right direction.