Back hoe for 755

/ Back hoe for 755 #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
A buddy was asking about what options he might have for putting a back hoe on a 755. I told him I did not think anyone made anything for the 55 series but I would raise the question on TBN.

Any ideas? Does anyone make a unit that would drive off the PTO?

/ Back hoe for 755 #2  
There's a number of aftermarket backhoes....try Woods Equipment.
As far as a Deere model, I'm pretty sure the 755 uses the #7 backhoe.
I strongly suggest he look for one that uses a subframe and not just a 3PH mount.

/ Back hoe for 755 #3  
I also think the 755 utilized the #7 since the 855 & 955 both do. I doubt you'll find one new from a dealer, at least not with the proper mounting components. It's a no brainer to want the sub-frame type. Too much strain in directions the 3pt mounts aren't designed for. The 755 had a power-beyond option available. I think you could construct it almost entirely from factory parts since the complete kit is NLA. The PB is good for other uses as well, I drive my wood splitter with it.

/ Back hoe for 755 #4  
I believe the PB kit is still available. It's part number begins with a "B" which means it is a "whole goods" item and will not show up on jd parts. You have to contact a dealer and have them get it for you.

/ Back hoe for 755 #5  
Did not know that. Still, even if not you could order the parts needed or even build your own though I like the finished look of the OEM product better.

/ Back hoe for 755 #6  
Did not know that. Still, even if not you could order the parts needed or even build your own though I like the finished look of the OEM product better.

I've done it both ways on the x55's... built my own and bought the Deere parts. Last time I inquired was two years ago and the kit was still available then. I've also gone a third route... buying some of the individual parts from Deere and sourcing some of them elsewhere. That effort resulted in an OEM appearance at a substantial savings.

/ Back hoe for 755 #8  
I recently bought the PB Kit for my JD 790, it is still available.

The kits are specific for a tractor model...what works on a 790 probably won't work on a 755.

However, one does see kits such as this on eBay occasionally...worth a look.

/ Back hoe for 755 #9  
That's actually where I got mine, eBay. Bought it years ago and put it on the shelf. Wasn't until I had troubles with my other tractor and couldn't operate the log splitter that I finally installed it. Works better too.

/ Back hoe for 755
Thx for responses guys. My pal has decided that giveen his likely use, an occasional mini-hoe rental makes more sense.