First John Deere

/ First John Deere #1  

1Lawman

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 5093E
I'm a long time Kubota tractor fan but now have purchased my first farm use John Deere..It's a slightly used 2012 model 5093E..I did not really want a tractor with the Diesel Particulant Filter and this one doesn't have it..Is my reluctance to have the DPF warranted or is it really a non issue? It has the H260 loader and the air suspension seat..It has 64 hrs on the meter..The A. C. is not cold and so I now have it at the dealer to be repaired and have the wheels widened and water added..I paid $47,500 for the tractor and $500.00 to have it delivered..Did I pay too much? Has anyone here owned one or a similar model and how well have you been pleased..Thanks

/ First John Deere #4  
I would let someone else find all the bugs in the dpf. I do not know about the price, but you have a new tractor. 64 hrs is not broke in yet. CONGRATULATIONS!

/ First John Deere #5  
Welcome from VA, hope your buyer's remorse is misplaced

/ First John Deere #6  
:welcome: from SW Ohio

/ First John Deere #7  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

We moved your thread to the John Deere Owning & Operating forum. :)

/ First John Deere #8  
:welcome: to forum from a fellow Texan. I hope you get the AC repaired economically. I repair my own AC problems on my tractors.

/ First John Deere #9  
if i was giving that kind of money for a used tractor they would deliver it for free.we bought a 2014 6105d cab 4x4 set up for the loader for $56000.if we wouldve put the loader on it at the dealer it wouldve been $65000.so you mightve gotten a good deal on your tractor.

/ First John Deere
I've not been in the tractor market for a while but it seems to me like the barely used tier 3 tractors are nearly as valuable now as when they were purchased..I doubt the first buyer paid much more if any for mine when he bought it 18 months ago..Seems like the DPF systems not only added cost to the newer tractors but raised the value of the tier 3 tractors..Has anyone had any really bad experiences with the DPF or is it just unproven and therefore questionable?