Backhoe JD 110 TLB bucket control problems

/ JD 110 TLB bucket control problems #11  
Also, not sure if it makes a difference, but the lever at the base of the bucket/loader controller has been frozen for as long as I've owned the machine.

Hmmm.... Are you referring to the loader control "lockout" lever? It disables all of the loader functions and makes it impossible for someone to inadvertently use the loader and possibly injure or damage surroundings.

/ JD 110 TLB bucket control problems #12  
Hmmm.... Are you referring to the loader control "lockout" lever? It disables all of the loader functions and makes it impossible for someone to inadvertently use the loader and possibly injure or damage surroundings.

Yes that's the one. I've never been able to move it one way or another. Parking brake lever is frozen too.

/ JD 110 TLB bucket control problems #13  
Couple projects there to get them moving again... ;)

/ JD 110 TLB bucket control problems #14  
Couple projects there to get them moving again... ;)

After comparing parts diagrams and the machine, it looks like the bellcrank is 90 degrees out, see part # 24 in the diagram. This might explain why it would work in some positions and bind in others. It also appears that someone messed with the bracket (part #28 in diagram), I'm not sure of its exact purpose, but it looks to be a stop so that the bellcrank doesn't rotate past its stop and bind/get stuck.

I really like this machine in spite of how many things I've had to un-EFF that the previous owner rigged.

bellcrank.gif

/ JD 110 TLB bucket control problems #15  
To tell the truth.. the self-leveling loader linkage on the 110 is one of the more "problematic" aspects of that tractor. It's probably right up there at the top of the list for PITA's. Followed down the list by the location of the rear SCV's...

As I get more hours working the machine, the more slop and play develops in the linkage with the result having a way less effective curl and bucket dump function. You gotta really "stand" on the joystick to work the bucket.

So, I'll probably have to replace and rebuild some of the worn pins, bushings, etc. in the near future as well.

Be curious to hear about your efforts to get the loader function back in shape.

/ JD 110 TLB bucket control problems #16  
As anyone disabled the bucket leveler?

For somethings it seems more of a hindrance in my opinion.

/ JD 110 TLB bucket control problems #17  
To tell the truth.. the self-leveling loader linkage on the 110 is one of the more "problematic" aspects of that tractor. It's probably right up there at the top of the list for PITA's. Followed down the list by the location of the rear SCV's...

As I get more hours working the machine, the more slop and play develops in the linkage with the result having a way less effective curl and bucket dump function. You gotta really "stand" on the joystick to work the bucket.

So, I'll probably have to replace and rebuild some of the worn pins, bushings, etc. in the near future as well.

Be curious to hear about your efforts to get the loader function back in shape.

I've noticed that too! I'm too embarrassed to post a photo of the bracket that was bent out of the way. I'm not sure if this was done because they didn't understand how this setup works, but it looks like it would prevent the bellcrank from spinning around and getting stuck and binding.

The loader arms on my machine need new bushings, and probably pins too, so I'm kind of wondering how the best way to do that is. The tech manual says use a gantry crane (to lift the loader arms) that I don't have, I'm thinking I might be able to use my engine cherry picker that's good for 2000 lbs to lift the arms up enough to press out the old bushes and press in new ones.

As anyone disabled the bucket leveler?

For somethings it seems more of a hindrance in my opinion.

How would you do this? Remove one of the links? I'm not sure if this would benefit you or not. Up until parking it in my driveway for a major overhaul currently, I was using the forks attachment, so the leveler definitely came in handy.

/ JD 110 TLB bucket control problems #18  
I should post my laundry list of things to do and subsequent tech articles (with photos!). I just brought the machine home a couple days ago for an overhaul.

Immediate to-do:
-unfreeze parking brake assembly
-find elec connectors for front aux hydraulics (switches are there, but no wiring harness hooked up to them, all the plumbing is there)
-full fluid service and filters
-replace all grease nipples, yes ALL of them
-replace rusted out platform/floor
-rebuild forward/reverse pedal assemblies
-repair bucket level linkage
-repair joystick lock-out feature
-replace entire seat assembly (if they make the parts still, my machine has the older seat)
-replace battery box, cables
-assembly backhoe lock mechanism
-fuel level gauge
-replace front aux quick connect ports
-bore dipper stick oval hole (oversize) and locate a bushing from mcmaster (not sure why JD didn't put a replaceable bushing here...plenty of meat.
-about half of the bushes/pins in this rig are tired, so I have my work cut out for me

I know there's more on the list once I really get into the thick of it, but we'll see. I bought the machine knowing it needed a good amount of work and I wanted the experience. It had a little more rust than I thought, but JD still stocks almost everything for this machine, so that's a good thing. It did not come with factory rear hydraulics, so I'm toying with idea of biting the bullet and adding the 7th function manifold for the hoe. I know another member did a pretty good aftermarket setup for use of a top and tilt/3 pt hitch setup, but not sure how easy all that was sourced.