2755 A/C capacity

/ 2755 A/C capacity #1  

Harry in Ky

Veteran Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers ED 40
Would anyone happen to have a book with the 134A capacity of a 2755 with Sound Guard cab?

/ 2755 A/C capacity #2  
Curious if you looked for a data plate to find this info? Was also wondering when Deere switched from R12 to R134a?

/ 2755 A/C capacity
I can't say for sure exactly what year the switch from R12 took place, I guess I didn't think it was important. This system has had 134 for several years, and since the two refrigerants do have slightly different characteristics, I thought some of the experts might feel the total capacity might be just a bit different for 134. Maybe not. As for a data plate, I haven't looked for one because I wasn't aware that Deere might supply the refrigerant capacity on a plate somewhere. I guess if I were as knowledgeable on Deere as some, then I wouldn't need to ask questions.

/ 2755 A/C capacity #4  
They are just trying to help you Harry in Ky. ;)

/ 2755 A/C capacity #5  
JD 55 series tractors came with R12 or at least my '91 4255 did. R134 is normally 80% fill of R12 I copied & pasted this parts page title from the 2755 PC. CONVERSION KIT - AIR CONDITIONING FROM R12 TO R134A (SGB)

/ 2755 A/C capacity
Thanks, Jim. Is the 80% figure a safe bet in your opinion? I generally go with a bit more than that when using 134 in an older R12 system. Maybe I've been going a little too heavy all these years? This is the same tractor with the belt problems we discussed earlier. I added an idler pulley on the slack side, which does keep the belt on, but it proved the compressor itself is still a problem when operated at high rpm for any length of time. I plan to replace it with a new s6 unit and see how that works out.

/ 2755 A/C capacity #7  
R134A doesn't cool very well if at all if it is the least bit overcharged. One needs to see a few bubbles in site glass.