Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    JD 2210

Default Re: JD 2210 mower deck

Hello again,
    I was just mowing with my 2210 and 62c deck and thinking back and I think I know what the problems are. The clues are in the parts that break; hangars, guage wheels. These indicate to me that fixedforever may have an incorrect mower setup. The guage wheels were never intended to support the full weight of this deck, nor can the hangars withstand the stress from cornering while the deck is dragging fully on its wheels. Other parts breakdowns suggest that Mr Fixed has been mowing the grass way too short and likely scalping the lawns to the ground? Correct setup has the tractor supporting the weight of the deck and while parked on concrete the wheels should always remain suspended 1/2 inch off the ground. When I first got my tractor I set the cutting height with the wheels supporting the deck, and sure enough I broke a couple of hangars before I figured it out. No, this deck is not intended for this sort of use and I agree he should try a 60d 7 iron deck and not cut the grass so short.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2320

Default Re: JD 2210 mower deck

Quote Originally Posted by megotatractor View Post
    Hello again,
    I was just mowing with my 2210 and 62c deck and thinking back and I think I know what the problems are. The clues are in the parts that break; hangars, guage wheels. These indicate to me that fixedforever may have an incorrect mower setup. The guage wheels were never intended to support the full weight of this deck, nor can the hangars withstand the stress from cornering while the deck is dragging fully on its wheels. Other parts breakdowns suggest that Mr Fixed has been mowing the grass way too short and likely scalping the lawns to the ground? Correct setup has the tractor supporting the weight of the deck and while parked on concrete the wheels should always remain suspended 1/2 inch off the ground. When I first got my tractor I set the cutting height with the wheels supporting the deck, and sure enough I broke a couple of hangars before I figured it out. No, this deck is not intended for this sort of use and I agree he should try a 60d 7 iron deck and not cut the grass so short.
    EXCELLENT observation megotatractor.. your observation makes a LOT of sense

Brian
    Bedford, VA
    2320 w/ 62D MMM, 200CX FEL, Pats EZ Change, LX4 Cutter
    Co-owner (with my father) of John Deere 790, 30 HP, 4x4, 513 cutter, 70 FEL
    2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12