John Deere 2010

/ John Deere 2010 #1  

Jonnojr

Tractor
I am restoring a 1966 JD 2010 diesel and am having issues with the hydraulics, whilst trying to fit a FEL it would appear the lift arms at the rear have stopped working, the cold start leaver seams to be engaging as you hear it graunch when engaging, I'm starting to think the Hydraullic pump is playing up and was wondering if I am able to remove without breaking tractor in half

/ John Deere 2010 #2  
Hyd pump can painstakingly be removed out the bottom of clutch housing without splitting the tractor. Is hyd pump disconnect lever "engaged"? Have you tried cleaning the filter screen with solvent & compressed air. The screen is very difficult to clean. After cleaning set screen up on end in a bucket,pour hyd oil into screen and if oil doesn't flow freely out screen isn't clean.

/ John Deere 2010
Ok thanks mate I will check the filter tomorrow, the Hydraullic engaging leaver appears to be working as it makes a graunching sound when you engage, what is strange is that while trying to work out how to plumb the FEL up the rear plough arms were working, I'm starting to wonder if some bad oil from the second hand FEL I have purchased has clogged the filter, or if we have broken the pump while working out the plumbing for the FEL, our 2010 is only a single stage hydraulic with no power steering,any clues on how to plumb the FEL would be appreciated.

/ John Deere 2010 #4  
JD attached frt end loader hyd to 2010 using blocks(parts keys 33 & 34) in parts photo which are NLA from JD.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 64
   / John Deere 2010
Great thanks Jim, you will be glad to know that once we cleaned the filter properly everything started to work ( I was starting to worry as I should never have started to restore this old dog)
The loader I am fitting has a crowd ram as well so is a little different, think I will use the Hydraullic bank it came with and just use one of the take offs on the Hydraullic valve for flow to the bank and then try to figger out how to dump the Hydraullic oil back into the sump, I think the previous loader may have had the dump back into the filler hole.
Do you have any ideas on this
Regards

Jonno

/ John Deere 2010 #6  
I've never seen the FEL hyd return oil routed to a 2010 hyd filter but have seen routed to hyd filter on later model JD utility tractors. What brand loader? Can you post some photo's of loader & hyd valve plumbing?

/ John Deere 2010
Thanks Jim
I was referring to the filler hole in the sump (where you top up the Hydraullic fluid)
I will try and upload some pics today
Cheers
Jonno

/ John Deere 2010
Thanks Jim
I was referring to the filler hole in the sump (where you top up the Hydraullic fluid)
I will try and upload some pics today
Cheers
Jonno

/ John Deere 2010 #9  
Ok I've seen that accomplished.