Let's talk replacement seats!

/ Let's talk replacement seats! #1  

Radius118

Tractor
JD 1070
Hi Everyone..

So I finally have a solution for the NLA right side sun shaft on my 1070. My local dealer managed to get the information from Deere to cross reference and get a part directly from Yanmar.

Now that I have that sorted it out, it's time to fix up a few things on this "sweat equity" tractor I picked up.

The seat is all torn up and I want to replace it. Kind of odd for a seat to be torn like this with only 500 hours on a machine, but hey I guess it is what it is.

I looked up the part on jdparts and was astounded to see my local dealer wants $278 (!!!) for a seat. Off to ebay I went.

I found several different kinds and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the ebay seats. They have one with armrests that I thing would just get in the way, plus other "high back" versions, etc.

Here are some links:

Black Seat Fits John Deere Compact Tractor 670 770 790 870 970 990 1070 3005 JD | eBay
Yellow Seat Fits John Deere Compact Tractors 670 770 790 870 970 990 1070 4005 | eBay
Black High Back Seat for John Deere 670 770 790 870 970 990 1070 3005 Tractor | eBay

Here's one with armrests:
Yellow High Back Seat for John Deere 670 770 790 870 970 990 1070 3005 Tractor | eBay

$999 for a seat!?!?! Does the seller *really* think someone will pay that for a seat??
Genuine Seat John Deere 670 770 1070 3005 4005 M805158 | eBay

So what do you guys think? I wouldn't mind the yellow version as the 8B backhoe on this machine is missing it's seat, and the ebay version is $50 less than JD and it's also yellow. At least they would match. :)

Michael

/ Let's talk replacement seats! #2  
I think I would like armrests, especially since they can flip up. For loader work they may or not be great, but for mowing and transport they would be nice.

The last link must be a mistake. He compares it to the original for what he says is $250. I doubt he would do that and then ask 4x as much. Probably supposed to be 99.00.

/ Let's talk replacement seats!
I think I would like armrests, especially since they can flip up. For loader work they may or not be great, but for mowing and transport they would be nice.

The last link must be a mistake. He compares it to the original for what he says is $250. I doubt he would do that and then ask 4x as much. Probably supposed to be 99.00.

I kind of agree on the armrests but I am looking at the cost, plus I'm thinking they would definitely get in the way when doing loader work or when using the rockshaft controls. Also the transmission range shifter and the 4x4 engagement. But for spending hours in the field brush cutting I think they'd be nice.

I agree that must be some type of typo, but I sent a message to them a week ago and never received a reply. Shrug.

/ Let's talk replacement seats! #4  
About a year ago I purchased the yellow with armrests version for the much worn out seat on my 2305. Technically it was not supposed to fit but it went in place just fine. My father purchased the same seat as well and we both love the replacement over the original, both for the armrests as well as the higher, better back support.

I don't think I paid $200 for the seat though and I would never think of paying 1K for a seat.

SI2305

/ Let's talk replacement seats!
About a year ago I purchased the yellow with armrests version for the much worn out seat on my 2305. Technically it was not supposed to fit but it went in place just fine. My father purchased the same seat as well and we both love the replacement over the original, both for the armrests as well as the higher, better back support.

I don't think I paid $200 for the seat though and I would never think of paying 1K for a seat.

SI2305

Thanks for the info. That's the kind of information I am looking for. Do you happen to know someplace I can get the yellow seat with armrests cheaper?

Thanks
Michael

/ Let's talk replacement seats! #6  
Has anyone here managed to put a Michigan V5300 suspension seat on a John Deere 855? If so how about some pictures and HOW YOU DID IT.

/ Let's talk replacement seats! #7  
Tractors I've been on with high-back seats make watching attachments on the 3 ph real tough. Such as roto-tiller, grading blade, bush hog, etc. I wouldn't want one on mine.
But hope you can get your MI V5300 to work well for you.

/ Let's talk replacement seats! #9  
I agree that must be some type of typo, but I sent a message to them a week ago and never received a reply. Shrug.

When folks sell stuff on e bay they will often jack their prices up to a ridiculous amount if they run out of stock. I think E bay dictates if you are selling and run out of stock you must remove your listing. They are not likely to have anyone order and complain if the price is ridiculous. This will eliminate negative rating for not having an item that was ordered also. Doing this is easier than taking the listing down and then putting it back up. I have seen other items for $10000 that normally cost a few bucks.