Mowing john deere x728 ultimate starting issues

/ john deere x728 ultimate starting issues #1  

ivancunningham1979

Tractor
x728 ultimate
I was looking for some help. I am the president of our youth baseball organization and we have a john deere x728 ultimate and yesterday our maintenance guy was mowing the field and the mower just shut off. It will not turn back on at all, it's like it's completely dead. Nothing even lights on the dash. In the past 3 years, we have gone through 3 batteries which is odd. I did the troubleshooting of removing the battery and cleaning it. But nothing. Had someone come and test all the fuses, turned out all were good. Turned pto on and off, no difference. Any ideas?
Thanks
Ivan Cunningham

/ john deere x728 ultimate starting issues #2  
Try checking out the ignition switch.

/ john deere x728 ultimate starting issues
I will look at that at the ball field, someone told me today sounds like an alternator issue. Could that be it also?

I am trying to find the part # for the ignition switch, was wondering if someone could help.
Thanks

/ john deere x728 ultimate starting issues #6  
While looking on a deere site, some people had problems with corrosion between the battery cable and it's end. If it is completely dead, it should be easy to find your problem with a schematic drawing.

/ john deere x728 ultimate starting issues #7  
jdparts.com
suggests the Ignition Switch is TCA22740

Check with your Deere dealer too.

/ john deere x728 ultimate starting issues #8  
I think the X728 comes with a 4 year warranty so if you've had it for 3 years call the dealer to fix the problem.

/ john deere x728 ultimate starting issues #9  
The OP going through 3 batteries makes me wonder also. Is the charging system working properly?

I changed out the ignition today, still no power, tried a different battery also and no power either.