Can a 990 or 4005 owner with R4 tires help me with info?

/ Can a 990 or 4005 owner with R4 tires help me with info? #1  

Radius118

Tractor
JD 1070
In my quest to find out how to get some R4 tires on my 1070, I found out that wheels from a 990 and a 4005 will fit on the 1070. Apparently some Kubota wheels will also fit but no one seems to know which ones.

Anyway, this is somewhat good news since R4 tires were an option for both the 990 and the 4005. The issue I have is that the parts diagrams for both machines do not break out which wheels are for which tire. Hence my request for assistance.

Can anyone with a 990 or 4005 equipped with R4 tires take a look at their machine and let me know what size tires you have? On the fronts I can correlate this info with the available wheel sizes to figure out what wheels I need to look for. It looks like on the rear there are two 24" rims and one 20". Of the 24" wheels, one is 12" wide and the other is 15" wide. I would think the 15" width would be for the R4, but I could be wrong. My guess is the 20" would be for turf (R3) tires.

In addition to the front tire size, if the rear rim width could be determined that would also be very helpful.

Thanks very much!

Michael

Last edited:
   / Can a 990 or 4005 owner with R4 tires help me with info?
No help with this?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

/ Can a 990 or 4005 owner with R4 tires help me with info? #3  
I can't help with your question but I hate to see something go unanswered....so I guess I'm just here to tell you that I have no idea.

/ Can a 990 or 4005 owner with R4 tires help me with info? #4  
I'm the same as 4310. Tried to search and come up with an answer, but could not find any clue on the different models in jdparts.com
Thought there would be a clue but if there was, I didn't find it.

/ Can a 990 or 4005 owner with R4 tires help me with info?
I can't help with your question but I hate to see something go unanswered....so I guess I'm just here to tell you that I have no idea.

I'm the same as 4310. Tried to search and come up with an answer, but could not find any clue on the different models in jdparts.com
Thought there would be a clue but if there was, I didn't find it.

Thanks for the replies. I searched and searched and found some info, but a PM from a member verified the tire sizes for me. 10x16.5 front and 17.5Lx24 rear. That means the R4 tires *must* use the 15x24 rear and the 8.25x16.5 front rims.

Can't seem to be able to find them used, I put in a parts request to a couple of different salvage yards. Anyone have other suggestions for places to find good used wheels?

Thanks,
Michael

/ Can a 990 or 4005 owner with R4 tires help me with info? #6  
Hi Radius, Check out my pics on the front tires I installed on my 970 using 990 front wheels. Tires are Goodyear DT810 Radials, 240/70R16. Tires are 9.6 inches wide designed for an 8 inch rim but worked out fine on the 990 rims.
Also, I cannot seem to get an e-mail to you on the private e-mail section.

cheers,
keoke