John Deere 650

/ John Deere 650 #1  

PoodlePimp

Tractor
John Deere 650
I have a John Deere 650 Diesel. It's a pretty good tractor, does most anything I want it to, but it doesn't have a beverage holder. Without a beverage (beer) holder you can't get much done... or at least it seems that way. Where would be a good place to mount one? I would like to position it so it doesn't interfere with getting on or off the tractor, or the hydraulic controls... /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ John Deere 650 #2  
If you need a holder for beer, leave the keys in the house and just make noises when you sit in the seat. I don't mean to be a smart --- tractors and juice don't mix.

/ John Deere 650 #3  
What he said...

I set my water jug on the floor board of the 1050 next to the tool box.

/ John Deere 650 #4  
Just get one of those hat's that holds a couple of cans, that has the hoses for straws. A couple of light beers isn't too bad. It would keep both hands free.

/ John Deere 650 #5  
Hi...

Got a plastic one made for use on boats... it moves side-to-side like a swing... so it stays level in at least one direction...

Screw mounted it to the lower front face of the left side ROPS upright...

kinda like this one...
EC1321_L.jpg

Dave...

/ John Deere 650
I purchased the tractor about a year ago, and it doesn't have the ROPS installed. Sounds like a great idea tho. Any other idea's out there on where to install it? Sometimes it's just fun to have a cold one and a cigar while you're scratching in the dirt. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ John Deere 650 #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sometimes it's just fun to have a cold one and a cigar while you're scratching in the dirt. )</font>

Sounds kind of like something Gatorboy might say!

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifHmmmmmm..................

You got a brother living in Florida?? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ John Deere 650
No brother in Florida.......

Scratching in the dirt is about all you can do with a 650, it's somewhat underpowered. I can't do anything in a hurry with it (and that's OK) I just need to figure out where a real good place to mount a beverage holder would be.

/ John Deere 650 #9  
What about the famous "Chalkley" cup? What ever happened to Mark, anyway? Is he still around?

Bob

/ John Deere 650
What is a "Chalkley" Cup???