Snow Blower

/ Snow Blower #1  

firefighterjrm

Bronze Member
Tractor
3032e D-140
Hello friends I am looking into buying a rear PTO Snow Blower my JD Dealer was going to order a Frontier SB1164 but stated that the expected date of delivery is January 30 next year he is currently looking to see if any dealers in the US have any and will attempt to ship it to my dealer, he has mentioned that he can get a MK Martin Meteor for around the same price but I have not heard anything about these units and it is about 200 pounds lighter than the frontier. Here is the price break down 2518.00 for the frontier and 2491.00 for the MK Martin looking for advise and reviews pro's and con's on both devices.

/ Snow Blower #2  
Check on Everything attachments website as they sell some nice equipment and they do have snow blowers , should be free shipping in your area . I have a rear 7 ft. Meteor blower on my M5700 and I would call it a middle of the line blower as it has worked well for me . Not sure about the MK Martin part of the name as mine came from Canada and doesn't have that written on the blower , but it is several years old .

/ Snow Blower #3  
Check with any tractor dealer for a 3 pt. snowblower. Any 3 pt. blower will work on your tractor. Meteor is a popular brand. I see lots of them new and used for sale in my area.

/ Snow Blower #4  
It is my understanding that the Frontier Snow blower is made for JD by Woods equipment.

If you check out their website, I'm confident that the comparable blower is the SB64s which would work perfectly with your 25hp PTO. Won't be green, but going with the "Woods yellow" will probably make it easier to sell if you ever needed to.

-J

/ Snow Blower #5  
I have a mk martin snowblower (meteor)
It is made in Canada ,,, good reputation

/ Snow Blower #6  
I have a sb1164 pretty sure its made by rad , lots of French warning stickers it is an awesome blower

/ Snow Blower #7  
I have a Kubota made by RAD. Rad makes a fine blower.

MK is a very good blower. As is Pronovost (Puma) and Normand (Econor). IMHO Pronovost is probably the best blower out there.

Extra weight in the same size blower is a good thing. Means the metal is likely heavier plus it can help with scraping the snow off the driveway.

/ Snow Blower #8  
Hiya.

I had a MK Meteor on a 2520. Bought it used, used it 3 winters, not one issue except my neck. I would not worry about the quality, it was built well and threw the snow well, wet or dry.

Tom

/ Snow Blower #9  
The Frontier blowers are made in Canada by the RAD company. They make the Blizzard snow blowers (B48, B54 and B64) that are painted red, but paint them green and label them (SB1148, SB1154, and SB1164) Frontier. RAD also makes blowers for Kubota.

/ Snow Blower #10  
It is my understanding that the Frontier Snow blower is made for JD by Woods equipment.

-J

Messick's in Lancaster County, PA sell Woods equipment...
I'd look on Craigslist for a decent used one first.