New 5055E

/ New 5055E #1  

rustyshakelford

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 5100E/H260/MX15
We need a new tractor for our home that we closed on at the beginning of the month. I was going to wait till spring but with these great interest rates it's hard to wait. My son and I went looking at the following package.

2014 5055E R4
H240 loader
Pallet forks
6' BB
6' frontier shredder
20' trailer

We were happy with this combo until the most recent cold snap hit Texas (hey, it's freezing to us) I got to thinking how I don't need a trailer since I already have a deck over and would sure love a cab...

So we now are waiting till Saturday for our

2014 5055E Cab R4s
H240 loader
6' BB2172
7' frontier shredder
Pallet forks
Bluetooth stereo

Salesman is steering me away from a 7' box blade and to stick with a 6'. What are y'all's opinion on this? I am in sandy loam soil. Price difference is $200 and maybe 100 lbs.

Pics when it gets in

Brett

/ New 5055E #3  
Would want one that covers tire tracks. I use a 6.5' Bush Hog box blade. I wouldn't want one any narrower and don't see issue with wider.

/ New 5055E #4  
With wheel weights you should have no problem with traction with a 7 foot blade. Is your dealer an Ag dealer or compact?

/ New 5055E
With wheel weights you should have no problem with traction with a 7 foot blade. Is your dealer an Ag dealer or compact?

Going with filled tires over weights. Dealer is mostly ag. A lot of hay production out here. Were going to stop by today and see if the tractor is in yet. Might take a tape measure and see what the width of the tractor is with the R4s and go from there.

Brett

/ New 5055E #6  
I hope your not going with calcium in the tires, will cause issues in the future unless there is a tube in the tire. A lot of people are using beat juice or citrus which still has some corrosive features but not as much. We have a 2004 John Deere 5320 loaded with calcium went out to use it one day and the calcium corroded the welds for the mounts and had sprung a leak. Next tractor will have wheel weights and cast iron centers.

/ New 5055E #7  
The tractor should have no problem with a 7' blade, even a 8' blade for that matter. With the cab, weights, and loader you should be easily tipping 7500+ pounds.

/ New 5055E
I hope your not going with calcium in the tires, will cause issues in the future unless there is a tube in the tire. A lot of people are using beat juice or citrus which still has some corrosive features but not as much. We have a 2004 John Deere 5320 loaded with calcium went out to use it one day and the calcium corroded the welds for the mounts and had sprung a leak. Next tractor will have wheel weights and cast iron centers.

They are using water and antifreeze. That's terrible about your tires! I bet that was unexpected and expensive!

The tractor should have no problem with a 7' blade, even a 8' blade for that matter. With the cab, weights, and loader you should be easily tipping 7500+ pounds.

Pretty sure I'm going with the 7' box blade over the 6'. If the 6' covered the tires, it'll be barely. Still waiting to get the tractor in. Hopefully it be sometime today and they can get the loader installed tomorrow!

Brett

/ New 5055E
Talked to dealer. Tractor is here and getting the loader installed tomorrow. According to them, the tractor is 80" wide, tire width is 76". I will be getting the BB3284 instead of the 2172 due to this. Here it is fresh from the transfer. More pics next week once it's working!

fb934173caf800372a489e2c9a211ec5_zpseb73216e.jpg

Brett

/ New 5055E #10  
Nice tractor Rusty, I tell you what.

Consider a 8' dual spindle cutter over a 7' single spindle. Many people say a 7' single will pull harder than a 8' dual.