5075e Tool Box Location

/ 5075e Tool Box Location #1  

LoudonNH

Bronze Member
Tractor
2017 JD5100M, 2014 JD5075E, 2017 JD3039R, 2023 JD X730
I recently bought a new, 2014 5075e with H240 loader. There is a small plastic tool box mounted on a two-piece, bolt-on bracket at the left side of the loader and just above the fuel tank cap. Needless to say, it's in the way Any ideas on a better location for it, or perhaps mine is not properly mounted.

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 1,849
   / 5075e Tool Box Location #2  
Maybe you can think up a better location and a better box for tools. Would like to see it.
Mine is located in the left fender, but I can't use it because I made a chainsaw holster that sits just above it.
Can carry a few tools in the pan under the seat, such as tape measure, garage door opener, felling wedges and the like. But not a great place for them.

What is the thermos-looking jug just below the tool box?

/ 5075e Tool Box Location
Maybe you can think up a better location and a better box for tools. Would like to see it.
Mine is located in the left fender, but I can't use it because I made a chainsaw holster that sits just above it.
Can carry a few tools in the pan under the seat, such as tape measure, garage door opener, felling wedges and the like. But not a great place for them.

What is the thermos-looking jug just below the tool box?

That's where the fuel goes in. Now you see the problem.

/ 5075e Tool Box Location #4  
I need to find out why they didn't install the tool box on my tractor! Why don't you like it there?

Brett

I need to find out why they didn't install the tool box on my tractor! Why don't you like it there?

Brett

It's a great spot for a toolbox except for the fact that you can't fit a 5 gallon jug in there to get all 5 gallons out of the can. There's also not enough space to fit a funnel in there. (I like to use a large funnel with a screen in it.)

/ 5075e Tool Box Location #6  
It's a great spot for a toolbox except for the fact that you can't fit a 5 gallon jug in there to get all 5 gallons out of the can. There's also not enough space to fit a funnel in there. (I like to use a large funnel with a screen in it.)

Yup... Sorta a PITA. I swiped my kids snowmachine gas can with a long, flexible poly spout. Works good, but no filtering.

AKfish

/ 5075e Tool Box Location #7  
Sounds like a good excuse to buy a transfer tank.

/ 5075e Tool Box Location #8  
Sounds like a good excuse to buy a transfer tank.

Yeah, saw a real nice towable one on CL. Pretty new.. IIRC, just over $4k.

AKfish

Yeah, saw a real nice towable one on CL. Pretty new.. IIRC, just over $4k.

AKfish

I've been trying to get along without a transfer tank in the bed of my pickup because I need the space to haul things. Will probably end up getting a tank with lifting ring at some point, rather that the L-shape tank and tool box that would be very useful but a pain to remove.

One thought I had today is to hinge the tool box bracket on the tractor and add an even bigger tool box.

Larry, your mention of your kids' gas can got me thinking I might just track down a large plastic funnel with long flexible tube attached. I'm sure I've seen such a thing.

Thanks guys.

/ 5075e Tool Box Location #10  
I'm so glad I'm past the days of filling tractors with 5 gallon cans. Boy oh boy was that a pain.

Either a transfer tank in the bed of your pickup, or a small trailer with one mounted on would be perfect. Lowes has a 6x3ft one for about $400 I think. Bolt you a 100 gallon tank on it and your all set.