John Deere 4310 4x4 want disengage

/ John Deere 4310 4x4 want disengage #1  

carolinatractor

Tractor
John Deere, Kubota, massey
JD 4310 want come out of 4x4. I think my transmission pin is stuck or broken. Can anyone tell me how to check? The MFWD cylinder is working but the tractor will not come out of 4x4.
I have disconnected the cylinder and there is no resistance on the transmission lever. I noticed that you can pull it out about .5 inch I can move it back and forth and do fill It hitting something.
thanks for help.
JD 4310 PowerReverser transmission.

/ John Deere 4310 4x4 want disengage #2  
Check your fuses, you have lost power to the MFWD solenoid. The solenoid has lost 12v to it and defaults to MFWD engaged. If the fuse is ok, check under the floor on the right side near the pedals. The area is very vulnerable to have the wires pulled out of the connectors.

/ John Deere 4310 4x4 want disengage #3  
Untitled.png

Here's an attachment of the theory of operation of the MFWD. As stated above the default mode is 4wd engaged until the solenoid opens and apply hydraulic pressure to disengage it.

It's either the electrical isn't opening the solenoid, Hydraulic pressure is low to move the shaft out to disengage or there is some issue with the shaft that it is binding up not allowing enough travel for the shaft to disengage.

Good luck let us know what it ends up being. Always try to follow threads closely of tractors I own.

/ John Deere 4310 4x4 want disengage
Fixed, the lever had been broken and when put back on the shaft rotated 180 which caused the shifting shoe to fall out of the shift color. Had to brake tractor in half but cost nothing to fix.

/ John Deere 4310 4x4 want disengage #5  
Glad to hear you got it fixed. Out of curiosity how many hours did you have in splitting the tractor, fixing and reassembly??

/ John Deere 4310 4x4 want disengage
Maybe 12 hours, and lots of that time I was working by myself. With that being said here is the kicker. I am totally blind. The hardest part was lining the shafts up while putting it back together.
I now am working on another 4310 that want come out of MFWD. The MFWD cylinder doesn't move. I am hoping the solenoid is stuck.
Can anyone tell me how to remove the MFWD solenoid?
Want I have to drain the transmission oil?
Then remove the hydraulic lines going to the solenoid block?
Then Remove the 4 bolts holding the block on to the tractor?
There is no room to take the nut off of the MFWD solenoid stem, because of part of the transmission housing in the way. The block has to move out for the nut to clear.
Observations of a blind man!!
Does anyone have a repair manual??
Thanks
Jamie
843-616-1891 Fill free to call with help as it is easier for me to talk than type.