Where to get JD green/yellow/black near-match paint

/ Where to get JD green/yellow/black near-match paint #1  

coloradotrout

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4100 HST CUT w/Yanmar 3TNE74 | JD 300 Lawn
This is a "user", not a "show-er", so I'm ok with value vs perfection.

This is for my JD 300 old lawn tractor, and my 4100 CUT and 410 FEL and misc implements.

Right now it's going to be brush on -- maybe later an Earlex 5500 HVLP.

How is the TSC Majic paint?

Last edited:
   / Where to get JD green/yellow/black near-match paint #2  
Has worked great on many projects for me always sprayed though

/ Where to get JD green/yellow/black near-match paint
Elsewhere I read TSC used to carry Valspar in JD colors. Anyone know if Lowes (which carries Valspar) can get the JD colors in implement paint?

/ Where to get JD green/yellow/black near-match paint #5  
Sorry, but there is no substitute for JD green or yellow paint. After a few years, the subs just don't hold up.
So be fore warned, and if it really doesn't matter, then go ahead and use whatever. :D

/ Where to get JD green/yellow/black near-match paint #6  
Treat with phosphoric acid (will disolve rust and bad paint ) rinse with water, dry with compressed air, any body work needing done, prime, sand, paint, use activator and gloss additive. When I have time to I will take some pics and post, but it might be a bit, super busy right now. gun used is a binks model 7

/ Where to get JD green/yellow/black near-match paint #7  
If it is a user, not a show-er and brushed on, why worry about it? Go to the hardware store, buy the cheapest quart of outdoor house paint they have and maybe a foam brush to smear it around with.

/ Where to get JD green/yellow/black near-match paint #8  
I have had great luck with brush-on Valspar JD-colored paint from TSC before they switched to Majic. Still have some left. The yellow I put on a mower deck 4-5 years ago is still holding up great and the color match is perfect.

The Majic spray paint, which I have used in Kubota orange, is not great. Sloppy spray pattern and poor coverage. I got a can of Rustoleum lobster red from Walmart based on a recommendation here, and it is way way better than the Majic garbage.

I have had great luck with brush-on Valspar JD-colored paint from TSC before they switched to Majic. Still have some left. The yellow I put on a mower deck 4-5 years ago is still holding up great and the color match is perfect.

The Majic spray paint, which I have used in Kubota orange, is not great. Sloppy spray pattern and poor coverage.
I got a can of Rustoleum lobster red from Walmart based on a recommendation here, and it is way way better than the Majic garbage.

Any idea if Rustoleum comes in JD green, yellow, black? or "close enough". Also, I have some bigger items that maybe would be better with an hvlp sprayer or even in my case just a brush (bed of dump trailer).

/ Where to get JD green/yellow/black near-match paint #10  
Any idea if Rustoleum comes in JD green, yellow, black? or "close enough". Also, I have some bigger items that maybe would be better with an hvlp sprayer or even in my case just a brush (bed of dump trailer).

Rustoleum makes a farm implement series. My local Lowes stocks it. Seems like it's a pretty close match.