Safety issue with my new JD1025R

/ Safety issue with my new JD1025R #1  

tobac

Tractor
John Deere X595, M
Just got a new JD1025R to replace my JD X595 which was a fantastic tractor. As I live on a hill a certain amount of mowing is on steep country and it requires travelling up and down only. Shocked to discover that while I mow to a vertical drop that if I forget to pull out overide button the mower and engine will stop and I am in free wheel mode. Very dangerous. One can't guarantee to pull out the knob as something may distract you. This is very dangerous. Dealer can't change anything and tractor may have to go back. Also have a problem with 4 in 1 loader. You have to change the mower lift hose to use loader. Understand JD have a kit for this at A$1100. Wondering if a diverter valve (electric or manual) was plugged into the hydraulic outlet and then piped to both mower and loader would work OK. You would either need a switch for the electric or handle for manual valve to change implement. Also have a problem with height of rollbar. It hits every tree in sight as it is around 8" too high. This tractor has excellent power and the quick tach deck cuts well. Seat springs are also a problem. JD neads to talk to more operators.:(

/ Safety issue with my new JD1025R #2  
Welcome to the world of nanny switches. You dealer probably wont do this, but you might be able to unplug the "Mow in reverse" knob (called the RIO knob here in the US) and bypass it so that it always thinks that the switch is pulled out. Note that this is done at your own risk, you should re-connect the switch before selling the mower and Deere put it there specifically to make sure you look behind you before backing up so you cant sue Deere if you back over something with the switch disconnected.
See https://groundscare.custhelp.com/ap...-is-rio-(reverse-implement-option)-necessary? for their spiel on it or search for "Deere RIO" for some very useful information on it and how it works.

As for the lift, you could do that three ways:
1. Two Tees to tie the deck and loader lines together and four shutoff valves (such as 1/4" NPT CARBON STEEL 7250 PSI BALL VALVE ) to let you choose which side is open
2. A manually operated double selector valve (such as 3/4" NPT 30 GPM PRINCE DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE but it would only need to be 1/4")
3. An electric selector valve such as SAE 8 6 GPM DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE 12 VDC P15544-2

Aaron Z

/ Safety issue with my new JD1025R #3  
if I forget to pull out overide button the mower and engine will stop and I am in free wheel mode. Very dangerous. One can't guarantee to pull out the knob ...

Definitely defeat the RIO circuit. It's very easy to do, and I don't think there is a "down side".
I would leave it that way if you sell it too, just so the new owner doesn't have to be burdened with it.
But, having said that, I don't think the engine is supposed to kill unless you come up off the seat.
Over on Green Tractor Talk, there are threads on which wires need to be jumper'd out. There is also a guy, psrumors, that sells heavier springs that everyone seems to like.

/ Safety issue with my new JD1025R #4  
I bypassed the ROI switch after the first mowing with my JD. Don't know what they were thinking when they designed that. Husky does not have that bad of a switch. On mine you have to keep the button pushed in until you start moving backwards. What a mess of a design.

/ Safety issue with my new JD1025R #5  
Instead of trying to by-pass the ROI switch, look to see if you could find a use for one of your wife's spring-loaded cloths pins.

/ Safety issue with my new JD1025R #6  
Just got a new JD1025R to replace my JD X595 which was a fantastic tractor. As I live on a hill a certain amount of mowing is on steep country and it requires travelling up and down only. Shocked to discover that while I mow to a vertical drop that if I forget to pull out overide button the mower and engine will stop and I am in free wheel mode. Very dangerous. One can't guarantee to pull out the knob as something may distract you. This is very dangerous. Dealer can't change anything and tractor may have to go back. Also have a problem with 4 in 1 loader. You have to change the mower lift hose to use loader. Understand JD have a kit for this at A$1100. Wondering if a diverter valve (electric or manual) was plugged into the hydraulic outlet and then piped to both mower and loader would work OK. You would either need a switch for the electric or handle for manual valve to change implement. Also have a problem with height of rollbar. It hits every tree in sight as it is around 8" too high. This tractor has excellent power and the quick tach deck cuts well. Seat springs are also a problem. JD neads to talk to more operators.:(

1. These tractor's have RIO? :) Seriously, agree it is ridiculous. Solved with a 1" jumper
2. Yes, there's no reason you could not plumb a mechanical or electrical diverter
3. ROPS height... don't get me started. My 2720 roll bar is not usable anywhere on my property. I never could understand why these ROPS are so tall. Take a look at the ROPS on larger JD utility tractors or even older CUT models. They are way smaller.

/ Safety issue with my new JD1025R #7  
Several years ago some SCUT's and CUT's had a standard fixed ROPS and an optional folding ROPS that was a few inches taller for use with a backhoe. The predecessor to the OP's 1025R, the 2210, the difference in height was about 8 inches.

/ Safety issue with my new JD1025R #8  
I made the decision to not upgrade my 4300 to a newer 3720 primarily because it wouldn't come with a non-folding ROPS. The folding ROPS was too tall to get into my garage. Had it figured into the deal to switch the ROPS and the dealer agreed he'd let me do that as it appeared to be workable.
However, when looking at the newer 3720 on the dealer lot, I opened the one-piece hood and that killed any interest I had to own one. Just didn't have the right feel to it. So am happy with my 4300 which has been a real dependable workhorse for the last 9 years. Get along fine with fewer horses than the 3720, which I though was a "had to have". :)
And don't know the RIO on the 1025R, but the X485 couldn't be jumpered, but needed to just move the bracket that activated the switch when putting in reverse. Simple, once crawling underneath without the deck was accomplished. ;)

/ Safety issue with my new JD1025R #9  
tobac -

I will 2nd arlen4720 to recommend you see member PSRumors for custom seat springs for Deere 1000 Series. Only $35 for the pair, simple to replace, and they work great. Many satisfied customers here with them, me included.