400CX loader question

/ 400CX loader question #11  
I do have a 400x...made a mistake when I first opened this thread.
It's pretty strong...especially considering the 73" bucket. The masts are looser then my 430 loader. There is an adjustment at the latches so I reckon I'll have to adjust them.

I like to tighten mine down also. Pick the wheels up off the ground with the bucket, then tighten the jam bolts down tight. That will make it nice and solid.

/ 400CX loader question
Congrats on your new tractor, Roy! Do you still have your 4400? Oh yeah, cab and eHydro on this tractor? All that snow you folk's have been getting these past couple years must have tripped the "go bigger" switch, eh?

The load compensating springs in the loader masts also make the loader a bit, "loosey, floppy" - IMO.

Regards,

AKfish

I traded the 4400...got almost exactly what I paid for it, 4 years ago. It's still here waiting for the dealer to pick it up.
The 4520 has a power reverser transmission, not eHydro.
Wasn't so much the "Go Bigger" factor....it's the "Jeez!! It's Freakin' Cold" factor
How ya doing, AK?

/ 400CX loader question
I like to tighten mine down also. Pick the wheels up off the ground with the bucket, then tighten the jam bolts down tight. That will make it nice and solid.

Thank you for the tip!!

/ 400CX loader question #14  
I traded the 4400...got almost exactly what I paid for it, 4 years ago. It's still here waiting for the dealer to pick it up.
The 4520 has a power reverser transmission, not eHydro.
Wasn't so much the "Go Bigger" factor....it's the "Jeez!! It's Freakin' Cold" factor
How ya doing, AK?

I hear ya on "freakin' cold"! I finally got a cab tractor... just over 4 years ago. Between my neighbors, the rural road to the highway, Post Office boxes, etc. after a big snow dump will take me 6-8 "tractor hours" to get everything cleaned up.

And 3 days after that to finally get warm again!

Doin' good Roy. Much better now... Still have a plate and 7 screws in my lower leg but I got the Doc to take out those 4 bolts! The heads were rubbin' bad with boots on. But, I can run, walk and skip! Yee Haa!

AKfish

/ 400CX loader question #15  
Yes, that is the star of the self leveling show. As the boom moves, that strut causing the bucket to pivot.

What is everyone's opinion of reinforcing those struts, I bent both mine. I am thinking I hit a rock plowing snow and sprung them then when I went to lift up a log they just buckled! I have two new ones ordered for 140 each, dont need to do that again.. Here is my concern though, when I hit the rock I remember thinking dang, surprised I didnt break something. What I am thinking now is JD has those "struts" designed to give, possibly bend before you break something else and by over engineering them I am going to subject myself to a more catastrophic failure... On the other hand I dont need to be picking up a $4,ooo seed tote and have them buckle under the weight spilling seed