400CX loader question

/ 400CX loader question #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
I have a 400CX loader on my tractor.
I see (in pictures) that the newer 400CX loaders have an added link between the booms and dipper arms (where the arms pivot). There is also a strut from that link to the mast. The link I'm asking about is in the red rectangle of the picture.
400CX Loader.jpg
Is this part of the self leveling bucket, or is it something else altogether?

/ 400CX loader question #2  
Yes, that is the star of the self leveling show. As the boom moves, that strut causing the bucket to pivot.

/ 400CX loader question #3  
Arlen4720 is correct I have the 400x loader with out the self leveling jd used to have a video of this on their Web site maybe still there

/ 400CX loader question #4  
Roy i believe that was always the difference with the 400 loaders... unlike the 300 where
the CX only designated higher/stronger lift.
the 400CX always had the self leveling ,, any chance you have
a 400x mislabeled?

/ 400CX loader question #5  
If you aint got that part you aint got a 400CX you have a 400X
Does yours look like mine? The pics are my 400X

/ 400CX loader question #6  
I will say though I THINK the self leveling parts and maybe the curl cylinders are the only differences, a dig around JD parts may confirm.

So it possible yours was / is a 400CX that for some reason the self leveling parts were removed or is a 400X that for some reason the masts have the 400CX stickers on them - mystery it is.

/ 400CX loader question #7  
400X:
400x.gif

400CX
400cx.gif

FYI, there are no serial number breaks listed in JDP for either loader so there is no "old" or "new" 400CX or 400x.

/ 400CX loader question
I do have a 400x...made a mistake when I first opened this thread.
It's pretty strong...especially considering the 73" bucket. The masts are looser then my 430 loader. There is an adjustment at the latches so I reckon I'll have to adjust them.

/ 400CX loader question #9  
Cool. I tightened mine down since I do t ever take it off. Enjoy they are very nimble tractors for the amount of power you get.

/ 400CX loader question #10  
I do have a 400x...made a mistake when I first opened this thread.
It's pretty strong...especially considering the 73" bucket. The masts are looser then my 430 loader. There is an adjustment at the latches so I reckon I'll have to adjust them.

Congrats on your new tractor, Roy! Do you still have your 4400? Oh yeah, cab and eHydro on this tractor? All that snow you folk's have been getting these past couple years must have tripped the "go bigger" switch, eh?

Regards,

AKfish

The load compensating springs in the loader masts also make the loader a bit, "loosey, floppy" - IMO.