JD 4300 tranmission problem

/ JD 4300 tranmission problem #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
Looking at a 4300 that is for sale in my area, it has a transmission problem, it will not go forward at all, reverse works fine in all gears and all ranges, tractor looks and runs good , 4wd and loader, , he is wanting 6200 for it, don't know if this a good deal or not, any thoughts on this appreciated

/ JD 4300 tranmission problem #2  
Is it a Power Reverser tranny? I assume so because you said "gears". If so it could go either way...from a simple linkage adjustment to a major problem requiring it to be split and rebuilt.

/ JD 4300 tranmission problem #3  
It's a good deal unless you have to spend thousands to repair it. Maybe you could get a JD dealership inspection to determine what's wrong and repair cost?

/ JD 4300 tranmission problem #4  
Need more info... Year, hours, what does the owner say on how it failed?

/ JD 4300 tranmission problem
2002, less than a 1,000 hrs, the mans brother had it in a small landscape business, probably using operators than were not accustomed to running a tractor, he did tell me that he picked all 4 tires off the ground and they would turn in forward,( for what that's worth)

/ JD 4300 tranmission problem #6  
If it's a reverser transmission, first thing I'd look at is the linkage. You'll need to pull the key panel and left side cowl.