Backhoe JD 790 adaptable to #7 backhoe from JD 750?

/ JD 790 adaptable to #7 backhoe from JD 750? #1  

Claydigger

Tractor
John Deere 790
I have a 2003 JD 790 with no backhoe. I found a pristine #7 with subframe on a 1987 750 that he owner
is willing to sell separately from the tractor. The 790 clearly does doesn't have the same hardware
to accept the subframe. Do I need to find a different subframe, or can mounts be added to the 790
to accept the subframe currently on this #7?

Thanks for your help!

/ JD 790 adaptable to #7 backhoe from JD 750? #2  
I have a 2003 JD 790 with no backhoe. I found a pristine #7 with subframe on a 1987 750 that he owner
is willing to sell separately from the tractor. The 790 clearly does doesn't have the same hardware
to accept the subframe. Do I need to find a different subframe, or can mounts be added to the 790
to accept the subframe currently on this #7?

Thanks for your help!

Got a camera and a tape measure? How about a power beyond circuit on your 790? Won't matter if the bolt pattern on the sub-frame is suitable on your 790 if you don't have the necessary hydraulic hookup.

Look at (and measure) the attachment points on the 750 and see how that compares to the available locations on your 790. Along this line, I'd want to be certain that the bolt sizes are identical or that you can obtain suitable replacement bolts-washers that fit the sub-frame and the mounting holes on the 790.

I think that it's very likely you can make the switchover. A bit of crawling around on both machines to verify that the available mounting locations are the same.

Good luck.

AKfish

/ JD 790 adaptable to #7 backhoe from JD 750?
Some crawling and measuring may be my next move. If the rear mounting piece fits, I'm hoping the front
brackets can be easily fabricated. You're right that I need to check the bolt size/depth/thread, too. I wonder
why JD purged all there schematics for tractors that are out of production? Thanks for your thoughts!

/ JD 790 adaptable to #7 backhoe from JD 750? #4  
Some crawling and measuring may be my next move. If the rear mounting piece fits, I'm hoping the front
brackets can be easily fabricated. You're right that I need to check the bolt size/depth/thread, too. I wonder
why JD purged all there schematics for tractors that are out of production? Thanks for your thoughts!

When I bought my '94 JD970 in 2003 with loader and backhoe the seller did not have a single manual. So, I searched on eBay and Craigslist and some of the small businesses in the back of Farm magazines, etc. Eventually, I found owner's manuals for the loader, the backhoe, the post hole digger and the rototiller - all JD implements. Even found the technical repair manual.

Very important - vital - IMO. Worth every penny.

So, there are other sources besides JD.

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ JD 790 adaptable to #7 backhoe from JD 750? #5  
I have a 790 and #7 backhoe and I'm pretty sure I once saw an installation manual that was for BOTH the 790 and the and 750. It was only a few pages long. Not positive but maybe look up a #7 installation manual at the dealer or ask the shop guys.

/ JD 790 adaptable to #7 backhoe from JD 750? #6  
I bought a used 7 bh that was previously on a different model tractor. Dealer made me a deal on the proper subframe and tractor brackets for my 790. I don't remember the cost but it was well worth it. All the tractor brackets are simple bolt ons and the subframe swap on the bh was equally simple. The JD quick attach system is so easy to use.

Good luck and enjoy that backhoe!