Backhoe Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #1  

V1BuzzBomb

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
Are John Deere backhoe quick tach buckets interchangeable between the 110 TLB and either/or the 35D and 50D mini Excavator buckets?

Last edited:
   / Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #2  
IIRC, the 27 and 35 will fit but don't know about the 50. Bear in mind that there have been two styles of quick couplers and the profiles of the quick attach hooks are different. Make sure the buckets match your quick coupler plate profile.

How do you like your Laurin cab so far? I have been satisfied with mine, 10 years old this week. Only problem I have had with it is the roof top spacers broke loose and I need to repair these when the weather improves. Otherwise mine is like yours with a top strobe and back up alarm.

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators
How do you like your Laurin cab so far? I have been satisfied with mine, 10 years old this week. Only problem I have had with it is the roof top spacers broke loose and I need to repair these when the weather improves. Otherwise mine is like yours with a top strobe and back up alarm.

My machine is stored outdoors. As I was searching for machines, it became apparent that a cab would be a must for storage to protect controls. As it is also used in the bitter winter, climbing onto a machine covered in snow and ice and then operating it in wind driven snow, rain and ice did not appeal to me. So, I'm very glad I have the cab. I decided it was a must.

The heater works quite well, so long as the mice don't take over that area too badly. Their nest ends up blowing out the vents over time. As the heat blows from above, I find that I'm generally warm while operating but find my feet, particularly my right, are never really warm.

I find that I get more diesel exhaust in the cab than I care for. The voids around the fuel tank and adjacent to the steering wheel, particularly the left, allow the exhaust in. Are yours open or plugged? Ideas?

I'm not particularly fond of the way Laurin surface hangs the glass with urethane. I see lots of machines for sale with all the glass gone. Some of mine are getting loose and will need to be re-hung before they fall out and break.

Despite all that, I'm very glad I have the cab.

Your ideas on previosly mentioned voids in fuel tank housing?

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #4  
Mine is sealed up tight with a factory provided bulb seal much like what is used around automotive doors. No problems with exhaust fumes.

The side window latch on one side doesn't hold the window open and is irritating. I haven't remembered to get a replacement, too many other things to think about. For the most part I am glad I did not wait for Deere to come out with the cab.

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #5  
As Steve said, the 27 and 35 buckets are interchangeable with the 110. The 17 zts and 50 are unique.

Matt

Mine is sealed up tight with a factory provided bulb seal much like what is used around automotive doors. No problems with exhaust fumes.

Mine has the bulb seal as well. It seals okay but I do see gaps. The voids I speak of are inherent to the tank assembly of the JD110, visible dead center of images I post. Are yours plugged, open or...?

Attachments

• 110tlbcabl.jpg
    110tlbcabl.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 323
  • 110tlbcabr.jpg
    110tlbcabr.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 184
For a very brief period, I owned a 24" 35D JD excavator bucket. I tried it on the machine yesterday. It did not fit. It was extremely close. However, it was evident that the ears of the bucket were spread about .25" wider than the 110. I sold it today. The bucket info was as follows:
part number AT316558
1842211 serial number
and per the JD parts website, would fit:
35ZTS Excavator
35C ZTS Excavator
35D Compact Excavator (S.N. 234001-264999)
35D Compact Excavator (S.N. 265000- )
35G Excavator (PIN: 1FF035GX_ _K270001- )

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #8  
Mine has the bulb seal as well. It seals okay but I do see gaps. The voids I speak of are inherent to the tank assembly of the JD110, visible dead center of images I post. Are yours plugged, open or...?

My cab came with two shaped pieces of clear lexan that I had to glue in those holes. Bet the dealer did not install them on your cab. I would plug the holes as I don't recall ever needing to see through the holes anyway.

My cab came with two shaped pieces of clear lexan that I had to glue in those holes. Bet the dealer did not install them on your cab. I would plug the holes as I don't recall ever needing to see through the holes anyway.

The previous owner did the cab install. I believe I see the remnants of the glue there. Perhaps I'll contact Laurin for those. I also need a new heater blower switch connector shell and wiper blade refills anyway.

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #10  
The previous owner did the cab install. I believe I see the remnants of the glue there. Perhaps I'll contact Laurin for those. I also need a new heater blower switch connector shell and wiper blade refills anyway.

Glad you mentioned the wipers, I need to get new ones for my tractors as well.