Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #11  
Whoops, your right. There is a 20 dollar difference between one with holes and one without.

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #12  
My bucket has the reinforcing strips and is all <font color="green"> </font> green <font color="black"> </font> . No holes and no black. I am just plain confused as to whether I got the bucket I paid for or not.

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL
It sounds like there are two heavy duty buckets: one with holes for a replacable cutting edge and one without. Both have some sort of reinforcing strips on the bottom.

Man some pictures would do this thread a lot of good -- anybody have some?

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #14  
I don't have pictures, but there are two different buckets (actually there are 3 that I've been exposed to when you factor in a dirt bucket..).

The standard, reinforced HD bucket does NOT come with the drilled holes for a removable cutting edge. You need to order the bucket that way from Deere (sometimes takes longer - my dealer called and got one OFF a 460 Loader that had it already at the distribution center) - and then order the replacable cutting edge. If you just get the bucket without the holes, I've read where some dealer did drill them but I wouldn't suggest that. The cutting edge, etc., all fit nicely and it is the right way to go. Keep in mind (as I said before) - most of the tractors that are ordered with HD buckets come without the holes so you have to ORDER it separately.

Something else I might suggest you have the dealer do is weld some nice hooks on the bucket for you - this HD bucket will take them nicely (the dirt bucket ripples) and it will help you later with chains, etc. They'll even paint them for you if you ask nice (mine did).

Something else nice about the replaceable cutting edge I've noticed - it takes the beating and not your bucket edge. My dirt bucket's edge is beat up now and I've resurfaced it a bit - you'll want this edge to do anything with rocks, fence posts, etc., or other things you work on. That way when the edge goes kaput... turn it around and use the other side... and then when that goes kaput you order another one for $75. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck!

-Bob

(there were some threads on this last summer when I ordered mine... here is a link to one: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=jdown&Number=298400&Forum=jdown&Words=-Bob&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=295965&Search=true#Post298400 )

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #15  
I bet yours is HD then, unless you paid your dealer for the cutting edge and did not get one. I did not realize there were 2 HD buckets until I looked at the website last night.

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #16  
My salesguy contacted me AFTER I placed my tractor/loader/mower order and downpaid the deposit and told me he would include the HD bucket at no extra cost. And he had already given me a package deal that was 25% off MSRP for everything. I still wonder if he made an error calculating the price, not that it matters now. Of course, by giving me a great price he certainly earned my repeat business, I think I have overpaid a little on the last two attachments I bought but I guess that was fair. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #17  
Yes there are 3 buckets available. The standard bucket on the 430 is obviously the LD bucket. This bucket has only two bands on the bottom and NO straps welded to the outsides it also does NOT have an enclosed top section under the very top of the bucket. This is why many LD buckets you see have been terribly bent out of shape. The HD bucket with no holes has 4 straps welded on the bottom and the two straps welded down the sides along with the top of the bucket being fully enclosed this adds tremendous rigidity to the bucket of you pry on only one side it will not flex nearly like the LD will. It weighs in at around 315 lbs as where the LD bucket is something like 275 lbs. So there is considerably more metal attached to the HD. It makes for a much better bucket also. The HD with cutting edge is the same but with predrilled holes. I went round and round with my dealer before I called and got the weights and exact details from cust service. I have since added more wiegth with a plate welded to the bottom for driving in t posts or 3.5-4 in pointed posts. It works great for this in the spring it requires a few hits and in it is in the ground 2.5-3 feet. And I added more of the straps on the bottom of it. I have the 460 loader and it really made the bucket much more rigid. Now if they would put the skid loader hitch on all the tractors I would be over-joyed with pleasure. Hope this helps you. ...Sam

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #18  
If you look back at my post "My 4310 has landed" it has a pic or two that should show the heavy duty bucket with the replaceable edge. When I bought the setup he swapped the bucket from the standard one at no cost to me... of course I think he was making a few $$ anyway, but I appreciated the gesture. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Take Care,

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #19  
The hooks are a great suggestion - I forgot to mention that in my other post. The dealer tossed those into my "deal" as well.

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #20  
About the comment on skid loader attachments for the 460 loader...

There is a nice set of skid loader / pallet jacks available for much less than Deere's that you can get. I have them for my 4600 and it's easy to pop off the HD bucket and put them on (or vice-versa).

If you want information on them let me know. I think it's the same firm that makes them for JD in the first place and they were sold to me by a JD dealer besides!

-Bob