Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #1  

Crabgrass

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 4400
Hi guys,
I just ordered a 430 FEL for my 4400. Cost was $3700 including pickup/installation/delivery and also a third SCV (gets my mid mount mower off the loader joystick). The dealer also offered to upgrade to the heavy duty bucket for only $100 more. That was pretty-much a no-brainer in my book.

Anyway, how can I recognize a heavy duty bucket? I want to be able visually confirm that I got it when it comes in. Is there anything special stamped on it?

Thanks,
Ron

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #3  
The heavy duty bucket will have the holes pre drilled for the replacable cutting edge. The cutting edge will be black and the dealer should install this for you. Also if you got the edge it is reversable so if one side wears down then flip it over and you are good to go! I have had good luck with my 430 loader and I am sure you will too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #4  
I wish I would have upgraded mine... Not a big deal, but t would have been nice...

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #5  
Are you sure about this, because if your description is correct, I didn't get the HD bucket I ordered. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #6  
The HD bucket should have extra supports in the corners and have thicker metal....don't hold me to that though. The HD bucket will definatly have holes in the edge for the replacable cutting edge but the wear bar will not be included...that is extra unless the dealer includes it in your deal. So bottom line look for wholes on the edge of the bucket. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #7  
Thanks for the info, think I need a HD bucket to finish my deal.

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #8  
To my knowledge the HD buckets do not come standard with a cutting edge or drilled holes, but the bucket has several wide reinforcing steel strips on the underside plus strips of steel on the sides and the top is reinforced also. I may be wrong, but this is what my salesguy told me when I inquired as to the difference between the standard and HD bucket. Some new JD owner posted a pic of his new tractor a short while back and it showed what the HD item looked like.

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #9  
Mine has those strips on the bottom of my HD bucket. It would have to have the holes to be HD otherwise you could not put the factory wear bar on. Deere would not make the dealer drill holes for this.

/ Heavy duty bucket on 430 FEL #10  
There are 2 HD buckets. One is a regular HD bucket and the other has holes for the replacable edge. Just because you don't have holes does not mean that it is not an HD bucket.

Craig