Deere 755/855/955 Attachment Interchangeability

/ Deere 755/855/955 Attachment Interchangeability #1  

Cbgrant74

Tractor
John Deere 318 & 855
I recently purchased a 1993 John Deere 855. It came with a 60-inch mid-mount mower and the 70A loader. I'm looking to pick up a few more attachments, particularly a 59-inch front-mount snowblower and a Model 7B backhoe. If someone is selling one that came off a 755 or 955, will it fit my 855? Are all of the brackets, driveshafts, etc. the same, or were there slight variations for the other tractors?

/ Deere 755/855/955 Attachment Interchangeability #2  
I think you can expect slight variations, but some welding and fabricating if needed should get you up and running.

/ Deere 755/855/955 Attachment Interchangeability #3  
I recently purchased a 1993 John Deere 855. It came with a 60-inch mid-mount mower and the 70A loader. I'm looking to pick up a few more attachments, particularly a 59-inch front-mount snowblower and a Model 7B backhoe. If someone is selling one that came off a 755 or 955, will it fit my 855? Are all of the brackets, driveshafts, etc. the same, or were there slight variations for the other tractors?

I think for the most part you'll find things interchangeable. However... good luck finding stuff.

/ Deere 755/855/955 Attachment Interchangeability #4  
The 59 blower was.never marketed for the 755... it uses the 47. The 59 was used on the 855 and 955 as well as a host of other tractors. The mounts are different for the different series so you would need the mounts from an 855 or 955... the blower itself could come from a number of different tractors.

Pretty much the same for 7 backhoe. You have to have the right mounts for a 755, 855 or 955 but you also have to have right subframe. The 755, 855 and 955 all use the same subframe.

/ Deere 755/855/955 Attachment Interchangeability #5  
The 59 blower was.never marketed for the 755... it uses the 47. The 59 was used on the 855 and 955 as well as a host of other tractors. The mounts are different for the different series so you would need the mounts from an 855 or 955... the blower itself could come from a number of different tractors.

Pretty much the same for 7 backhoe. You have to have the right mounts for a 755, 855 or 955 but you also have to have right subframe. The 755, 855 and 955 all use the same subframe.

And finding the right mounts/sub-frame is the problem. I'd dearly love to find a 7A for my 855, but there's the mounting problem.

/ Deere 755/855/955 Attachment Interchangeability #6  
My brother in law and I made the rear mounts and the pin mounts for my #7 backhoe, we used my original mounting parts as a model to plasma cut new steel parts. Got the rears welded 2 weeks ago. Have to do some more hole drilling on the front pin mounts and then welded. Slowly getting there, we will be trading backhoe back in forth.

/ Deere 755/855/955 Attachment Interchangeability #7  
Well, it's been an incredibly slow situation with those mounts, not the mounts fault just life in general. We got off to a great start, finally got my old leather belt driven drill press wired and whata know, doesn't have enough torque and power to drill 1-3/16" hole so sent mounts down with my son to his work where they have larger machines and a Bridgeport. So will have to wait just a little longer to get mounts up and made. What's the difference between the #7 hoe and the #7B? Is it larger or other options? I have been struggling with the whole conversation about keeping this backhoe attachment, or just updating to a Woods BH80. The more time that I procrastinate the chances that Woods would have discontinued making the sub-frame for my tractor 855. And then wondering if Woods uses the same Deere mounts, conversations with Words technician's is vague at best, so not sure which way I am going to proceed. Or maybe duplicating the frame I already have is the answer and adding a Woods hoe to it. The confusion lies between needs and wants, the tractor and backhoe are old but work, as some of you guys stated earlier, parts for the 855 are getting to be a challenge to find. Snow season is right around the corner, that timing also affects projects, last week just picked up atv winch for rotation of the chute on my Woodmax blower, have got to get time for that, drilling holes in sub-degree weather rots at best. Will post pictures as project allows.