Mud Grip Tires to replace the Turfs on my 855

/ Mud Grip Tires to replace the Turfs on my 855 #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
My 855 had some bald, cracking, turf tires on the rear when I bought it. It still performed pretty good as long as I didn't get it in wet clay with a load to pull but I wanted new tires for the rear. Found some 33x12.50x15 Adventuro mud grips on that auction site. Paid $300 for the pair shipped from Discount Tire Direct. They look like they will work as well or better than new turfs at a fraction of the cost. Have not run them for work yet so this is not an endorsement or final review.

Here is what the old tires looked like:

JD855-03_zpsxby9qvn5.jpg

IMG_7942_zpsjhruwzsj.jpg

Here are the new tires. They came with raised white letters so I cleaned the blue stuff off and sprayed them with some flat black.

20150515_160026_zpsg5kd4utb.jpg

Changing them with a HF manual tire changer ain't the most fun you ever had but the process goes okay using a little creativity and some vise grips.

TIP: Don't put the new valve stems in till the tire is mounted or you will find them pulled out and down inside the tire. (learned this the hard way) The rears take the large diameter stems and the fronts take the smalls.

20150515_084801_zpspjxdbuc4.jpg

20150515_093025_zpsk0o5itqt.jpg

And finally here they are on the rims and tractor. I decided to put them back on in the narrow position since my turfs were packing down the outside areas of my 4' disc harrows.

20150516_103601_zps7rgyilbn.jpg

20150517_090520_zpscvktulro.jpg

20150517_090446_zpswuhiqrd0.jpg

/ Mud Grip Tires to replace the Turfs on my 855 #2  
Those tires look good on the tractor, and look like they will do the job very well. :thumbsup:

/ Mud Grip Tires to replace the Turfs on my 855 #3  
Looks good, and I'm sure you'll get better traction with them. Just curious, but what ply was the old turf tires, and what ply are the new tires? Probably won't make any difference.

/ Mud Grip Tires to replace the Turfs on my 855
Looks good, and I'm sure you'll get better traction with them. Just curious, but what ply was the old turf tires, and what ply are the new tires? Probably won't make any difference.

You know I didn't pay either of them that much attention. The Adventuro is rated at 6 ply. Already hauled the turfs to the dump and didn't look that close at those either.

/ Mud Grip Tires to replace the Turfs on my 855 #5  
Is that tractor 4x4?

/ Mud Grip Tires to replace the Turfs on my 855 #7  
Looks great I'm sure they will make a big difference.

/ Mud Grip Tires to replace the Turfs on my 855 #8  
I've thought of putting a similar tire on my 855, I'm curious as to how well they'll work. Considering a new turf in the original size will cost you $300+ each, this is a good deal. :)

I will follow up when I get a chance to work them.

Put it on a wet clay road with 5' grader blade yesterday. Didn't seem to have any better traction than I did with bald turfs. Looks better and wasn't any worse. Turfs were cracking so they needed to go anyways