Tractor
    John deere 4400

Default Yanmar Injection Nozzle Testing

I am rebuilding my injection nozzles from my JD 4400. Thought I would share some pictures.Yanmar Injection Nozzle Testing-img_20150520_182450-jpg

The pic showing the spray pattern look close there are actually 5 spray jets. most other yanmar nozzles only have four. I beleave this was done to meet newer emission standards at the time 2001.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yanmar Injection Nozzle Testing-img_20150520_183039-jpg   Yanmar Injection Nozzle Testing-img_20150520_180217-jpg   Yanmar Injection Nozzle Testing-img_20150520_182713-jpg   Yanmar Injection Nozzle Testing-img_20150520_182606-jpg   Yanmar Injection Nozzle Testing-img_20150520_182830-jpg  

Last edited by jdp2011; 05-20-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Tractor
    John deere 4400

Default Re: Yanmar Injection Nozzle Testing

FYI these same injectors are used in JD models - 4200-4700, 4210-4710, 855,955,FM mowers etc pretty much any JD with a Yanmar from 1990-2000+ used this stye injector they may have different tips but that would be the only difference the body and internals would be the same. This injector is for the direct injected engines.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_X485, JD_425, JD_455, JD_110

Interesting, but maybe you would share a bit more about what you are doing and how/why. I don't see a pic showing a spray pattern, but do see pics with various arrangements of the nozzle (in parts as well as hooked to an apparatus). Other than that, no idea but am interested.

Tractor
    Ford 1100

I've got that same pop tester. I would think (unless your hours are way high) the nozzles just need cleaning on such a new machine. I use a toothpick in a drill with carb cleaner. If they're bad though and after a good cleaning they don't spray or don't pop at the rated pressure, I just buy new nozzles and test them in your existing injector housings. You might have to look up a ND or Hatzan cross reference to get a good price. I pay $15-$22 a piece at finditparts.com

Tractor
    John deere 4400

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Interesting, but maybe you would share a bit more about what you are doing and how/why. I don't see a pic showing a spray pattern, but do see pics with various arrangements of the nozzle (in parts as well as hooked to an apparatus). Other than that, no idea but am interested.
    To clarify I am replacing the injector tips on my current injectors, Setting the pop off pressure and check for chatter and spray pattern. I refer to this as rebuilding the injector.

The first photo in the attachment box shows the spray pattern- very difficult to get the timing right with the flash and when the injector pops to get a clear photo of the spray pattern

Tractor
    John deere 4400

Quote Originally Posted by Fawken View Post
    I've got that same pop tester. I would think (unless your hours are way high) the nozzles just need cleaning on such a new machine. I use a toothpick in a drill with carb cleaner. If they're bad though and after a good cleaning they don't spray or don't pop at the rated pressure, I just buy new nozzles and test them in your existing injector housings. You might have to look up a ND or Hatzan cross reference to get a good price. I pay $15-$22 a piece at finditparts.com
    I will respectfully disagree with you. I have seen these yanmars with as low of 200 hrs- and one or more of the injector nozzles ether not spray correct or partially plugged up or no chatter sound.

Idling these motors and not putting them under a good load to keep them cleared out cause plugged up injectors.

I do have cleaning wires for the tips but most of the time they have to be replaced.