question on my new jd im getting tomorrow

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow #1  

yukonhunter

Silver Member
Tractor
John deere 5100m, mf1643 cab and kubota bx2370woods bb720x land pride disc and reverse tiller
Getting a new 4066r tomorrow. My dealer was not sure of the answer, but I was wondering,does the epto come standard on this tractor??

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow #2  
Getting a new 4066r tomorrow. My dealer was not sure of the answer, but I was wondering,does the epto come standard on this tractor??

The e-pto is extra and is dealer installed. I haven't added it to my 4066r yet but likely will as the tractor has power to spare and the lower rpm would be great.
Enjoy your new tractor.

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow
How do you like your 4066r so far?? Pros cons?

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow #4  
How do you like your 4066r so far?? Pros cons?

It's a great unit so far, only have 15 hrs on it. I previously had Kioti 4510 hst.
The jd has a much better transport speed, better cab ventilation, better instrumentation, factory air seat, and synch range shifter.
The Kioti has a bigger, but less comfortable cab and seemed to burn more fuel and does not offer e-pto

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow #5  
DDT414,
If the range shift is synchronized that would be a new thing. I know the prior models were not and required coming to a stop to change ranges.

I did the upgrades on my 4520 myself the epto was on the tractor when delivered to the dealer (factory installed). The epto is very useful for rototilling and other lighter uses, I am pleased with it so far.

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow #6  
DDT414, If the range shift is synchronized that would be a new thing. I know the prior models were not and required coming to a stop to change ranges. I did the upgrades on my 4520 myself the epto was on the tractor when delivered to the dealer (factory installed). The epto is very useful for rototilling and other lighter uses, I am pleased with it so far.

We are using synchronized in different ways. For you it's being able to shift on the go and for me it's not having to tap the hydro pedal so that the range selector will go into position. The Kioti often required a little tap of the hydro so that the range selector will mesh.
Currently the 4R's only offer the e-pto (and rear scv's) as a dealer installed option. Hopefully this will change.

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow #7  

Congrats!
That's a really nice tractor!

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow #8  
It's a great unit so far, only have 15 hrs on it. I previously had Kioti 4510 hst.

Do you notice a difference in the quality of the HST between the two?
Not sure if that's the best way to word it, but does one HST "feel" better/smoother or similar?

Do they both have the auto throttle thing that automatically increased RPM as you depress the pedal?

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow #9  

Congrats on the new tractor. I've looked at a couple and they are very nice!

/ question on my new jd im getting tomorrow #10  
Do you notice a difference in the quality of the HST between the two? Not sure if that's the best way to word it, but does one HST "feel" better/smoother or similar? Do they both have the auto throttle thing that automatically increased RPM as you depress the pedal?

Big difference in the hst's. The Kioti appears / acts like a mechanical connection and has a very predicable feel. The Deere seems like a electric connection and feels different and has taking a but to get use to but both are good. Both have auto-throttle and the JD is a nicer setup. Both have a cruise feature but only the Deere will resume to the same speed which is handier. The Deere is the only one with a speedo which is great for spraying.