4000 Series manuals, did anyone download them?

/ 4000 Series manuals, did anyone download them? #21  
Hoss,
I sure could use a copy for my 4400. thanks in advance.

/ 4000 Series manuals, did anyone download them? #22  
Emor,
Send me an email to hoss@kansascas.com . I can't send it to you without your email address and you don't have one listed.

Hoss

/ 4000 Series manuals, did anyone download them? #23  
I just emailed you Hoss about the manuals - please send them to me also. Thanks!

-Bob

/ 4000 Series manuals, did anyone download them? #24  
If you should find these manuals, please include me. I just purchased a JD 4400 with a 430 loader. I can run the tractor, loader and box blade, but there are some controls that I have no idea what they do. For instance, can you go in and out of 4-wheel drive? How? What are the two levers under the seat at the operator's left foot?

Thanks for your help. If I find the 4400 manual electronically, I'll send it to you. My e-mail is phurley@cfl.rr.com.

/ 4000 Series manuals, did anyone download them? #25  
The outboard lever is your Mechanical Four Wheel Drive (MFWD) control lever. Pull up to engage four wheel drive, push down to take it out. Engage and disengage MFWD when stopped or at low speed or it may growl at you, however, it can be done at speed if you don't mind the noise. When MFWD is engaged you will have four wheel drive and most importantly on hills, will have four wheel braking.

The inboard lever is your differential lock. It locks the left and right rear axles together for maximum traction. Pushing down on the lever engages the differential lock, engage either stopped or at very low speed. The differential lock will stay engaged as long as the rear wheels are slipping, if you continue to slip and regain traction, hold the lever down with your foot so it remains engaged until you are out of trouble.

Bill