1025R quit

/ 1025R quit #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
Here is my email to the sales person at John Deere here in Charlottesville:

Tomorrow morning, I'll be making my 3rd warranty call on this 1025R. Never had any on the 4010.

1. Loose heater hoses, factory fault.
2. Loosening throttle positioner. Factory left out 2 washers. Actually this one required two warranty calls and stops by the mechanic. He tried just tightening it the 1st time.
3. Maybe faulty fuel solenoid?

The tractor just stopped (near the bottom of our back hill), no real sputtering, etc. like with a partial fuel blockage. I replaced that pesky under-foot fuel filter and removed the fuel filter in the fuel bowl. It looks like new and is cleaner than my retained filter for it; so, I put it back in. I had a new under-foot filter.

Is there a fix for this miserable under-foot filter? Why can't the fuel line be slid back and attached directly to the tank? Then move the filter up to just ahead of the one inside the bowl. You can get to it there without having to get underneath the unit in field conditions. I cannot imagine having to do it in the snow with stiff fuel lines, etc.

Apparently, JD isn't the only one with these under-foot filters. The new Kubotas seem to have them, too.

Ralph

/ 1025R quit
Mechanic is coming Wednesday. They never say when.

In case he comes while I'm bowling, can anyone tell me where the fuel solenoid is on the 1025R? Guess there's a relay as well?

Mechanic says I should hear a click of the relay opening when the key is turned. Don't think I heard it.

Ralph

/ 1025R quit #3  
The shut-off solenoid is #7 in diagram. Right side of engine on the rear of the injection pump.

Attachments

• 0001544790____________A1.gif
    0001544790____________A1.gif
    61.3 KB · Views: 331
   / 1025R quit
On the injector mechanism then.

I 38 years of running diesels, I've never had one go bad.

Looks as though it'll be a nothing job to replace.

Ralph

/ 1025R quit
Service guy came. Replaced the fuel solenoid. Everything fine.

Some real confusion in the Owner's Manual re how to change the in-bowl filter. Think my 4010 manual had 2 pictures, one showing in service petcock position & another showing closed position to service the filter. The 1025 manual shows just the closed position and some mumbo jumbo about how to change the filter. On the 1025, there's no flow of diesel with the key off when bowl is off to tell you anything. You basically don't need to turn the petcock at all on it. Just watch for fuel level to come up in the bowl when turned to the correct (down) position, when bowl is back in place.

Ralph