F735 PTO issue

/ F735 PTO issue #1  

fdf250

Tractor
John Deere 855, John Deere f735
I have a John Deere f735 with a yanmar diesel. I bought the machine a couple of years ago and it runs great except for one issue that is getting worse. At first every so often when I was mowing quickly over bumpy ground the pto would turn off. If i slowed down a bit the problem seemed to disappear. The last time I cut the grass things got a worse, now sometime when the pto quit it would take 5 or 6 times of putting the pto on/off to get it to come back on. I would think the problem would be in one of 3 places; 1. The PTO switch, 2. The brake switch, 3. The PTO itself, but i'm not sure how to isolate the problem to one. If I let the machine sit a minute or two after the the pto turning off it seemed to come back on when I pulled the pto knob. I don't think it could be the seat sensor because that also turns off the engine when it is tripped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

/ F735 PTO issue
I started cutting my grass today and the problems continued and got worse. The pto disengaged more often. I tried bypassing the seat switch and the brake switch, neither worked. It seemed to disengage more often as the machine got warmer. The pto engages as soon as the machine is cool, but once the machine is warm and the pto cuts out it takes a few time or engaging the pto switch and/or minutes to have the pto fully engage. The pto seems to start to engage and cuts out. Please help!!!! I checked the price of a pto clutch and looks to be around $400 so I don't just want to "try" and throw one in. Thanks.

/ F735 PTO issue #3  
I would get a light and wire at the PTO clutch ... The light should be on when the clutch is engaged. This will tell you if the problem is electrical or mechanical.