And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow #1  

99S10

Tractor
94 John Deere 855
Since mine is a 94, like the other fellow's, thought I'd post a pic of what I put together. 94 855 with the 70A loader $8700 with little over 1000 hrs garage kept since new. 72" MMM for $800 also garage kept really nice. Changed all fluids/filters, new frt tires, new seat and set of blades for the mower. Found everything on Craigslist. Maybe just a shade over 10K and had to do some driving but I'm really happy with it. I had a Ferguson TO30 which I sold for 2 grand. I actually look forward to cutting the grass now. :laughing: Thanks for all the advise I got here.

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow #2  
:thumbsup:

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow #3  
Looks great, can you detach the fel when mowing?

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow #4  
Looks great. Do the tires tear up the yard?
My turf tires are super gentle, but you can spit on the ground and get stuck in it...

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow
Yeah, I take the loader off to mow. Much more maneuverable and I think less wear on the frt axle. Takes 5 minutes at best. Unhooking the hyd lines takes longer than anything. I started out with a RM306 Woods I still have. The MMM is more like driving my little LX and I think it does a nicer job. Plus I can drop the loader in the frt of my shed and the tractor/mower still fits. Would be too long with the RM.

Tire ? I only use this out in what I call the field. Probably about 3 acres. I cut that high to discourage trespassers. I don't have any trouble with the lugs tearing up the grass but being narrow and filled, they do make ruts. Then again that may not be as much an issue if it ever stops raining every day. Ideally I would like a set of wider R4s. But I don't know about sourcing other rims that would fit, matching the circumference and of course the cost. If it was a nice lawn around the house, the R1s would be an issue.

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow #6  
Very nice! I am jealous of your mower... I haven't been able to find one yet. By the way, your instrument cluster and some of your controls are different than mine. Is your transmission hydrostatic? Can you post more pictures?

On edit: I see the difference, yours is an 855. For some reason, I was thinking it was a 970.

Joe

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow #7  
Good deal 99S10, those '55 series Deere were stout little rigs . R4 would still tear up the lawn some, besides I think it looks great with the ags.

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow #8  
Good looking tractor you have there 99S10. My wife's uncle has a well kept 955 with the JD loader & belly mower. The 55's are a very robust series of tractors.

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow
A 955 would have been my first choice just because I always like more power. My GF calls me Tim the Tool Man. lol I considered a couple but they were not near as clean as this one. I don't have any real steep hills and seems to have plenty of power. The MMM seems to be more efficient than the RM.

I did a fair bit of research on the 55s and really liked what I read. I had to have 4wd, hydro and a FEL. This met the requirements for what I could afford. I like how it's all heavy gauge metal with very little plastic. I didn't realize at the time but my little LX178 is also a 94. It also runs like the day I bought it.

/ And here's 10 grand in Green & Yellow #10  
Nice setup!!! Congrat's on the purchase, and good luck.