does my tractor have draft control??

/ does my tractor have draft control?? #1  

yukonhunter

Silver Member
Tractor
John deere 5100m, mf1643 cab and kubota bx2370woods bb720x land pride disc and reverse tiller
I have a new jd4066r and just bought a new two row planter and they asked me if I have draft control, where the implement flows with the ground...not sure if I do or not?

/ does my tractor have draft control?? #2  
I have a new jd4066r and just bought a new two row planter and they asked me if I have draft control, where the implement flows with the ground...not sure if I do or not?

I don't know your tractor, but do you have two 3PH levers?

Steve

/ does my tractor have draft control??
No just one

/ does my tractor have draft control?? #4  
My tractor with draft control (TN55) has two levers -- one for position control and one for draft control. I'm no expert, but I thought draft control requires a separate lever/control.

Steve

Hmm...I wonder if I can add it as an option

/ does my tractor have draft control?? #6  
I think it would be easier to add gauge wheels to planter than draft control to tractor hyd system.

I do know mybtractor comes with down pressure

/ does my tractor have draft control?? #8  
The 4 series do not have draft control

But I would like to know more about the down pressure option. How does it work?

/ does my tractor have draft control?? #9  
The 4 series do not have draft control

But I would like to know more about the down pressure option. How does it work?

I too would like to know how a 4520 has down pressure on 3 pt seeing that RS piston rod isn't attached to RS piston. I bet with 3 pt hitch lowered with nothing attached one can lift 3 pt draft arms.

Attachments

• MP34109________UN03MAY04.gif
    MP34109________UN03MAY04.gif
    31 KB · Views: 164
   / does my tractor have draft control?? #10  
I too would like to know how a 4520 has down pressure on 3 pt seeing that RS piston rod isn't attached to RS piston. I bet with 3 pt hitch lowered with nothing attached one can lift 3 pt draft arms.

I've been sorta guessing that it is basically 2 hydraulic side links, and a way to lock the rockshaft in place. I've been wanting to see some pictures since they came out with the option.