My John Deere 3320 Ehydro is hanging up in fwd or reverse and then I cannot move.

/ My John Deere 3320 Ehydro is hanging up in fwd or reverse and then I cannot move. #1  

nstruss

Tractor
3320 john deere
At first the reverse pedal needed lifting up manually. This went away. about 6 months later, I now get an error code and cannot go forward or reverse. If I turn tractor off for awhile, when I turn it on all is well. Yesterday it now fills like their is a large load (like forward and reverse is fighting each other) on the tractor and it will only move forward or reverse a short distant and the tractor will die. Any help here would be appreciated. Tractor currently has 550 hours on it.

/ My John Deere 3320 Ehydro is hanging up in fwd or reverse and then I cannot move. #2  
At first the reverse pedal needed lifting up manually. This went away. about 6 months later, I now get an error code and cannot go forward or reverse. If I turn tractor off for awhile, when I turn it on all is well. Yesterday it now fills like their is a large load (like forward and reverse is fighting each other) on the tractor and it will only move forward or reverse a short distant and the tractor will die. Any help here would be appreciated. Tractor currently has 550 hours on it.

1. You've gotten the information needed in the form of an Error Code. The Operator's Manual has a list of Error Codes in a table.

2. You've failed to note the Error Code in your post. How do you think anyone can help you? Psychically linking with the tractor?

You need to go back and get the error code and look it up in the Operator's Manual. Once you know what the Operator's Manual says, come back and add the information to your post - THEN someone may be able to help you.

At this point, anyone giving you an answer is merely guessing...if that's what you want, rather than a solution - proceed on with the guessing game...

/ My John Deere 3320 Ehydro is hanging up in fwd or reverse and then I cannot move. #3  
nstruss
:welcome: to TBN

We'll be glad to help out, just need some more info to go on here. Does sound like something caught in between and not releasing.

We are not here to be rough on you. It shouldn't be like some other Forums where you are intimidated for asking a question. We all have to start somewhere and sometimes don't know what is needed for others to help.

TBN is here to help.

/ My John Deere 3320 Ehydro is hanging up in fwd or reverse and then I cannot move. #4  
I would try to lubricate the pedal pivots and get those freed up. It is true the codes would help. You count the flashes on the trouble light on the console. But from what you described, sticking pedals could be the culprit. Are you sure the brakes are released now? The controller should prevent forward and reverse from engaging at the same time.

/ My John Deere 3320 Ehydro is hanging up in fwd or reverse and then I cannot move. #5  
Make sure emergency brake is not set. I've forgotten that a few times myself & wondered why tractor didn't want to move like it should.

I agree that trouble codes should help.

/ My John Deere 3320 Ehydro is hanging up in fwd or reverse and then I cannot move. #6  
The code will be the best help and will be listed in the owners manual; the situation sounds like both pedals are engaging at once, or that a sensor indicates such. Because of the HST a slight activation is 'on'. A stick under the deck between the pedals did the same to me once (both engaged at once). Check for debris, that the pedals are both unbound and returning to neutral/disengaged, actuate each while looking beneath (engine off) and see what happens with the linkages. Good time for lubrication, checking the oil, adjusting the thrust bolt, greasing the steering arms and draining the fuel bowl while you're down there, if its been a while. Its a guess.

/ My John Deere 3320 Ehydro is hanging up in fwd or reverse and then I cannot move. #7  
Welcome to TBN nstruss. We hope to see "you again real soon".

/ My John Deere 3320 Ehydro is hanging up in fwd or reverse and then I cannot move. #8  
Maybe the OP found the fix for his problem. Hope so.