Hello

/ Hello #1  

LarryLevet

Tractor
JD4120
New member who is retired from 40 years of construction equipment sales from Caterpillar and Komatsu dealers. Having starting problems with a JD 4120 tractor.

/ Hello
Well the tractor was working fine until early this week when I came to start it. It would crank but would not start. Changed the fuel filter and primed it according to the JD instructions but still could not get it to start. Removed the overflow line going back into the fuel tank and cranked the machine and had fuel coming out of it. Tried to prime it again and still no luck in starting.
Hopefully someone has an answer before I have to call the JD dealer.

/ Hello #7  
Well the tractor was working fine until early this week when I came to start it. It would crank but would not start. Changed the fuel filter and primed it according to the JD instructions but still could not get it to start. Removed the overflow line going back into the fuel tank and cranked the machine and had fuel coming out of it. Tried to prime it again and still no luck in starting. Hopefully someone has an answer before I have to call the JD dealer.

I'm racking my brain with ya. I'll keep thinking... Probably not a safety switch issue, since you're getting crank and fuel flow. Have you checked all fuses?

/ Hello
Fuses all ok.. There is a fuel solenoid relay in fuel panel and not sure how to check that. There is also a fuel solenoid on the tractor but not sure where it located. I've looked but can't find it.

/ Hello #9  
When you turn the key on, do you hear a click/thump? Mine is on the right side, down low under the fuel tank area.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Hello #10  
Hi, Larry. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to the JD section to see if we can get some additional input on your starting problem.