5055E Issues

/ 5055E Issues #91  
When you call HQ all they do is pass the info on to the dealer and do nothing else. I traded mine in for a Massey 5612, cost a bit more but it's 10x the tractor. My 93hp deere could lift 3300lb on the 3 pt hitch, the MF will lift 10,000, the Massey will also shift through all gears and ranges automatically and is 100% programmable. So much more capability and features for 20% less than an equivalent deere.

The big JD dealer here (13 dealerships I think) is in rough shape because they have lost so much business in the last few years. A huge number of big farms that used to run all green have switched to New Holland, Massey and Fendt.

Thank you! I guess considering the dealer here I won't waste my breath calling them. He is trying out a Case 75C for a week so I guess we will see how that goes.

/ 5055E Issues #92  
I feel for your problem I have a 2015 3033R with broken spline washer.

As of now I in progress with a warranty claim with John Deere about my transmission. Broken Spline washer that there no replacement part at this time. There been other with the same problem and John Deere knows about it. The tractor had 180 hours on it when it broke.

It's been about 3 months and the dealer been very helpful. But John Deere don't seam to care. I have not seen the JD rep yet only talk to JD
Company.
My attorney ready to file a law suit soon if I get no response in one more month.

/ 5055E Issues #93  

As of now I in progress with a warranty claim with John Deere about my transmission. Broken Spline washer that there no replacement part at this time. There been other with the same problem and John Deere knows about it. The tractor had 180 hours on it when it broke.

It's been about 3 months and the dealer been very helpful. But John Deere don't seam to care. I have not seen the JD rep yet only talk to JD
Company.
My attorney ready to file a law suit soon if I get no response in one more month.

I always said that Deere didn't lose business to Kubota, they gave it way with actions like this. Kubota is now the elephant in the room in the small and utility tractor market and is now into the bigger tractors as well as hay equipment and some tillage. American makers are so short term sighted so that they have lost sight of the long vision. The competition hasn't.

/ 5055E Issues #94  

Company.

I wish there was an attorney that had balls enough to file a class action suit against JD. All the ones we have talked to around here want nothing to do with it.

/ 5055E Issues #95  
It's not just Deere... business school teaches to concentrate on your big customers which can and does boost short term profits...

A very good friend was the third generation owning a couple of local Men's clothing shops... they carried all the old brands going back to the 1920's and hung on through the 1930's...

It's been a few years since several of his suppliers severed ties... Levi was the largest... simply said they will no longer serve small businesses after nearly 90 years... it was a blow because the business had longtime loyal customers...

He was able to pick up Wrangler and many customers switched not liking how he was treated by Levi... I was one.

To their credit... one supplier that has been with them since day one is Pendelton and has assured them they value 90 year business relationship.

Maybe Deere needs a business model to reflect two entirely different customer bases?

The service I get from Deere "Yellow" is great... can't say about Deere Green because my business simply was not wanted.

/ 5055E Issues #96  
It's not just Deere... business school teaches to concentrate on your big customers which can and does boost short term profits...

A very good friend was the third generation owning a couple of local Men's clothing shops... they carried all the old brands going back to the 1920's and hung on through the 1930's...

It's been a few years since several of his suppliers severed ties... Levi was the largest... simply said they will no longer serve small businesses after nearly 90 years... it was a blow because the business had longtime loyal customers...

He was able to pick up Wrangler and many customers switched not liking how he was treated by Levi... I was one.

To their credit... one supplier that has been with them since day one is Pendelton and has assured them they value 90 year business relationship.

Maybe Deere needs a business model to reflect two entirely different customer bases?

The service I get from Deere "Yellow" is great... can't say about Deere Green because my business simply was not wanted.

Actually this local store is loosing business with the larger dealers around here too. 1 reason is Case will loan out about 6 tractors for trial where deal won't loan out any. Ending result a big catfish farm around here when with Case instead of Deere. This was however the manager of that dealerships call.