How often do you change your engine oil on your JD

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD #1  

Old_Hickory

Platinum Member
How often are you guys changing your oil on your JD 4000/4010 series tractors ?

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD #2  
Once to twice a year. What about you Old Hickory?

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD #3  
For me, I changed the oil and filter at 25 hours, 53 hours, and I plan to change it again at 75 hours....I usually only put 50 hours a year on my 4210 and I like to change it in early spring and late fall.

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD #4  
I was going to wait for the 50 hours service... I only have 38 jours so far. Humm... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hyp3rnix

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD
I have been changing oil/filter every 50 hours.

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD #6  
The manual says to change oil and filter at 50 and then every 200 hours. I changed oil and filter on my JD 4200 at 50 and then every 100 hours as the book interval seems a bit long. Doubling the frequency of maintenance or halving the interval seems to me to be prudent, but not excessive.
Bill

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD #7  
Another option of course is just to follow the manual like you do for everything else. I'm sure the manufactuers are as interested in the proper routine maintainence of the tractor and it's componets as you. Many offer a warranty and that is something they would also like not to see go bad. I also read about the improvements in oil indexers, stabilizers and oil technology in general and the improvements really seem to address the issues related oil oxidation and cleaning ability. While it's your call, my thoughts are premature oil changes simply expedite the use of a resource that I think even in our lifespan is going to go through the roof especially after reading about how the Chinese thrist for oil is dramatically increasing. I guess it makes sense, with a population of about 1.5 billion people and a penchant for moving into the global market, it's bound too.

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD #8  
At 150 hrs.normally,during dusty disking or dry fall brush hogging 100hrs. Use 15-40.

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD #9  
I changed after the first 50 and will probably continue to change every 50, I'm only putting 50-60 hours on mine a year. It I start getting closer to 100 hours annually then I will change in the spring and fall.

/ How often do you change your engine oil on your JD #10  
I bought everything for my (2210) 50 hours service last fall. As winter approached, I went ahead and changed the oil at 34 hours. I'll do the hydraulic fluid and filter at 50, and may go ahead and do the oil change again.

I've got 41 hours on it now, 7 hours of snow removal, tilling, spreading, and erosion repair work.

I put 34 hours on the tractor in about the first 3-4 months of ownership so I expect I will probably put between 50 and 100 hours a year on the tractor. Regardless of the maintenance schedule, I would recommend changing the engine oil at least every fall. That way, if the tractor isn't used during the winter it will have clean oil. It has always been my understanding that old "dirty" oil can have potentially harmful effects to engine components if left to sit.