Wheel Spacers

/ Wheel Spacers #1  

Kubota 2350

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 JD 3046R Cab ...................... Mower: 2016 Scag Tiger Cat II ZTM
Anyone use wheel spacers on the rear of their tractor?
Was thinking about adding them to my tractor and was wondering if they help, I think, they only add 2" per side so it's not much.

Also wonder if they cause an undo strain on the axles by making them a longer lever so to speak.

/ Wheel Spacers #2  
my brother put 2 inch spacers on his Kioti. He said the extra 4 inches made it handle like a different machine....much more stable.

/ Wheel Spacers #3  
Anyone use wheel spacers on the rear of their tractor?
Was thinking about adding them to my tractor and was wondering if they help, I think, they only add 2" per side so it's not much.

Also wonder if they cause an undo strain on the axles by making them a longer lever so to speak.

I put spacers on the rear of both my JD 4320 and JD 3720 tractors a few years ago due to some steep slopes. Made a huge difference in stability. Haven't experienced any issues with excessive strain on the axles. My 4320 has a 485 backhoe but I use the backhoe stabilizers when working to minimize stress on the axles --- wheels are off the ground most of the time while working.

/ Wheel Spacers
Just got a call back from the dealer, JD spacers are $500.00, guess if I get any they won't be from John Deere.

I'll shop around.

/ Wheel Spacers #5  
Just got a call back from the dealer, JD spacers are $500.00, guess if I get any they won't be from John Deere.

I'll shop around.

Got mine (set of four) from "Skid Steer Solutions" on ebay for about half that price. Put two on the 4320 (one each rear wheel) and two on the 3720 (one each rear wheel).

/ Wheel Spacers #6  
I put 2-2 inchers on each rear wheel. Four inches per rear wheel and no problems in 600 hours.

I was inquiring about the same concern you have and have been watching these threads, but un 5 years I haven't heard of any problems from using moderate spacers on the rears.

/ Wheel Spacers #7  
Put 2.5" spacers on my 4300 and like others have said, made a world of difference. Much more comfortable feeling in the woods and on slopes.

/ Wheel Spacers #8  
My rims are reversed on my Mitsubishi MT180 and I sure would be scared to put them back standard. Reversing gained about 4-5".

/ Wheel Spacers #9  
I set my wheel dish as wide as it would go, and added 4.5" per side... outside of rears is wider than the wheel base is long. But then... I've got some crazy steep hills too.

I made my own, bolt in between the 'pan' and the 'rim'

20° to 30° side hill happens often, as does 45° up and down... explains the roll cage I just finished.

/ Wheel Spacers #10  
I made my own, bolt in between the 'pan' and the 'rim'

Would you explain how you made them? Milled out of steel, or cast? or something else?