Loader JD 201le Random Rattle at Back of Transmision/Hyd Pump

/ JD 201le Random Rattle at Back of Transmision/Hyd Pump #1  

firsthere

Tractor
2005 John Deere 210le
Hello, I'm new here and looking for some advice with my Landscape loader.

While on a job this week I noticed a rattle at idle near the back of the transmission. It is not consistent or extremely loud and seems to go away once the engine RPMs are raise or the hydraulics are used. I sounds kinda like a marble bouncing around near the back of the drive line. The tractor has 800 hours, the fluids and filters were change as specified at 500. It runs great, the only notable things are an occasional slow bleed down on one of the scraper tilt rams and I had to repair a leaking control valve to the scraper lift about 5 years ago (not the same one as the bleed down).

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciate also whether it could damage anything while I complete the current project.

/ JD 201le Random Rattle at Back of Transmision/Hyd Pump #2  
Hydraulic oil at just the right rpm will do that... as you have found out, increase the rpm a tad bit and it goes away.
My 4300 has done that for 16-17 years now, but it is annoying sound so I don't leave the rpm at that level for any length of time.

:welcome: to TBN

And the description of yours (sounds like marbles bouncing around) is classic. A hard noise to describe.

/ JD 201le Random Rattle at Back of Transmision/Hyd Pump
Thank you for the welcome! Hopefully I can also add some insite one day.

This is the first I have noticed the sound so I''m thinking of changing the hydraulic fluid and filter. (which is actually 15-40 engine oil Cl4, Cg4 I believe on this Deere). During the winter the hydraulics run really slow until it warms up and straight 10w. might help.