I have a new to me 2003 110 John Deere Backhoe
Was thinking of getting Pto snow blower
Any thoughts on what I should get.
Size, Name brand, What to look for in buying a used one
thanks

Last edited:
   / Buying a snow blower for a john deere 110 backhoe #2  
Couple of things to look for:
* Impeller fan diameter - Bigger is better (bigger means faster tip speed which means less clogging and the snow is thrown further
* Number of impeller blades - More is better
* Ease of replacing shearbolts - If you have to take off 3 covers or don't have room to tap out a broken shearbolt you will be unhappy with it
* A power rotating chute and tilting deflector are much more convenient than their manual counterparts.

Aaron Z

/ Buying a snow blower for a john deere 110 backhoe #3  
If me, I'd put a blade on the front.

Attachments

• 100_1052 (Large).JPG
    100_1052 (Large).JPG
    177 KB · Views: 988
   / Buying a snow blower for a john deere 110 backhoe #4  
I've had a 60" Lucknow on the 3320 with good results for the last several years. I don't recall the specific HP of the 110, but you should be able to handle 72" - 84" range for most snow in your area. Have not had specific experience with other brands. You should be able to find a good Lucknow or Agrotrend on Kijiji at a decent price.

IMO Power Chute is a must. Deflector - I have not changed position of mine since acquisition, but have mostly open space to blow the snow.

/ Buying a snow blower for a john deere 110 backhoe #5  
I have a new to me 1993 110 John Deere Backhoe
Was thinking of getting Pto snow blower
Any thoughts on what I should get.
Size, Name brand, What to look for in buying a used one
thanks

I think 2000 was the earliest 110tlb made so your tractor is newer than you think. I would go with a 7' rear blower for a little clearance. You have 33pto hp and a hydro so you should be fine.

/ Buying a snow blower for a john deere 110 backhoe #6  
I think 2000 was the earliest 110tlb made so your tractor is newer than you think. I would go with a 7' rear blower for a little clearance. You have 33pto hp and a hydro so you should be fine.
If you go with a 7' blower, make sure you have plenty of weight up front.
We have a 7' blower on our Kubota L3830 and when its on the 3 point, it makes the nose really light (to the point where you have to use split brakes to steer).
However, we don't have a loader on it, so with a heavy loader on the front you could be ok.

Aaron Z

/ Buying a snow blower for a john deere 110 backhoe #8  
If you go with a 7' blower, make sure you have plenty of weight up front.
We have a 7' blower on our Kubota L3830 and when its on the 3 point, it makes the nose really light (to the point where you have to use split brakes to steer).
However, we don't have a loader on it, so with a heavy loader on the front you could be ok.

Aaron Z

When the OP removes the 1700 lb backhoe and switches to the blower he should be fine. The 110 has a fixed loader with ssqa bucket mount.

/ Buying a snow blower for a john deere 110 backhoe #10  
billstmaxx had an interesting video about his JD 110 TLB. He had a snow blower on his fel. I know this is not what you want, I just found the video interesting.