3-Point Hitch JD-950 3 Point Lift capacity - rating ?

/ JD-950 3 Point Lift capacity - rating ? #1  

charosenz

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 JD4520, also (sold) 2008 JD 3203 with 300cx loader
I am researching buying a JD950 and I cannot find any literature on the lift
capacity of a 950 3 Point hitch? I have read old threads and it was never really
answered. Lots of guesses, which is nice, but I am hoping for some hard numbers.

Has anyone seen any official JD published numbers?

This forum is great and I really appreciate the help?

/ JD-950 3 Point Lift capacity - rating ? #2  
I would suspect close to 2000 # -- unofficial.

What are you wanting to lift? There are a lot of variables that enter into lift capacity and may be why no official publication.

/ JD-950 3 Point Lift capacity - rating ? #4  
I'll look into my books later tonight. But as others have said, it will be a curve based on simple foot-pounds of torque.

What is the impliment in question?

/ JD-950 3 Point Lift capacity - rating ? #5  

I'll bet 1000#s will be closer to 3 pt lift capacity. 950 MFWD shipping weight is 3000#s & 2WD shipping weight is 2700#s

/ JD-950 3 Point Lift capacity - rating ?

What are you wanting to lift? There are a lot of variables that enter into lift capacity and may be why no official publication.

I appreciate the reply. I am looking at the stats on various models that are available and I really want to know how they compare with each other.

JD publishes the rear lift at 24" for most models, but oddly, not for the 950 and 1050 which just happens to be the ones that I am really looking at.

I agree that 2000 lbs at 24" seems like a reasonable estimate, but....

The 790 which is a 30HP tractor only has 815 lbs of lift and the 870 which is a 28 HP tractor publishes a lift of 1880lbs.......I am thinking that there must be hard numbers that are published....somewhere.

I appreciate the help.

Rock,

Great I appreciate that.

It is not so much as a particular implement that I am looking at.....as much as I am wanting to verify the ratings on various models so I really know for sure what I am buying.

Based on the numbers for the 870 vs 790....I really want to try to get hard numbers if they are available.

All the rear lift values that JD publishes (at this for this range of tractors) is at 24".....

I am actually building a spreadsheet that compares the various stats on the models I am looking at. It is far from done, and a work in progress, so please forgive the rough format and the way it looks at this stage....(also I tried to attach it in spreadsheet format and got an error so I took a screen shot of it)...

Attachments

• screen shot of JD comparisions.PNG
    screen shot of JD comparisions.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 536
   / JD-950 3 Point Lift capacity - rating ? #9  
I forgot to grab the book. I'll get it tomorrow, I have the operators manual for the 850-1050, the 75 FEL and the JD brush hog. All three give good info on the factory recommended TPH set-up and capacity.

I forgot to grab the book. I'll get it tomorrow, I have the operators manual for the 850-1050, the 75 FEL and the JD brush hog. All three give good info on the factory recommended TPH set-up and capacity.

Rock, Thanks.