Extended Warranty Revisited!

/ Extended Warranty Revisited! #1  

2flints

Tractor
JD 4310
Hi Guys,

This is a follow-up to my recent post on "Extended Warranty." I called JD @ 1-866-993-3373, told the pleasant lady about my 4310 being "split" once at 5 hours because of a transmission leak, and facing a recall and second "split" because of the Ehydro recall. She told me that the JD 4310 I purchased last June (2003) came with a 2 year or 2000 hour warranty, whichever came first. We agreed that I would not put that many hours on the 4310 in the next couple of years, so that I would be better off going with an extended warranty that gave me additional years coverage rather than more hours coverage.

I will be purchasing the 3 year Powerguard Warranty Plan, which means keeping the existing 2000 hours and three additional years up to the year 2008, whichever comes first.

Thought you would like to know how this went. Any comments, questions, or concerns?

Regards,

2flints

/ Extended Warranty Revisited! #3  
In your situation, I think that was smart and will offer you the peace of mind after the situation you had. Best of Luck, Rat.

/ Extended Warranty Revisited!
Cliff,

The extra three year warranty will cost $750.00. The other consideration I had was the Curtis Cab that will have to be taken off if any future major work is required...that would be additional labor time at my expense. What do you think? Have you ever seen a 4310 split in half? It's not a pretty sight!

2flints

/ Extended Warranty Revisited! #5  
I've split quite a few 4000 series in the past few years, in fact I'm splitting a 110 tommorrow!! Its really not a pretty site, and its time consuming! If only they still built them like the old 650's ond 750's! If I remember right the PowerGuard plan has a deductible, right???

/ Extended Warranty Revisited! #8  
I hope some of these issues get sorted out for you. I can see why you'd value the extended service option after those problems. I may look into it myself.

Take Care,

/ Extended Warranty Revisited! #9  
<font color="blue"> Why are you splitting a 110? They are almost brand new. </font>

Probably the recall JD had on certain serial numbered tractors? From what I've read here, NH and Kubota are having stopping issues with their hydros too but neither of them issued a recall...YET.

/ Extended Warranty Revisited! #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why are you splitting a 110? They are almost brand new. )</font>

Its in for the eHydro recall.