Mowing JD 755 Mid Mower Mount Missing

/ JD 755 Mid Mower Mount Missing #1  

ddesens

Tractor
John Deere 755 MFWD
I am in search of a little advice and probably some dimensions. I purchased a 60" belly mower for my 755 and upon installing the mower I have found I am missing the rear draft arm mounts. I thought this to be weird and uncommon. Has anybody seen this? I am assuming I will need to fab up my own brackets and weld them on as it looks like there were supposed to be welded on at the factory and is probably not a purchase able item. If I could get a little help with some dimensions on location and for the bracket that would be great. I have attached a couple of pictures of what I am missing.

Dave

3933174_huge.jpg3933174_hugeCrop.jpg

/ JD 755 Mid Mower Mount Missing #2  
I will try to help you. My 755 looks just like the closeup photo you attached. Does your machine have the square tubing stubs shown (which are used for the FEL rear mounts) or are those missing too?

/ JD 755 Mid Mower Mount Missing
I will try to help you. My 755 looks just like the closeup photo you attached. Does your machine have the square tubing stubs shown (which are used for the FEL rear mounts) or are those missing too?

Jerry thank you for the help. I do have the square stubs as I do have a FEL attached to the machine. After closer inspection it looks like someone cut them off. I am not sure why someone would do this but who knows.

Dave

/ JD 755 Mid Mower Mount Missing #4  
Dave-
I still need to get you the side-to-side spacing, and I will try to measure the angle between the down strut and the horizontal slot. Let me know if there's more details that would be helpful to you.

Attachments

• 755momount.pdf
    726 KB · Views: 202
Dave-
I still need to get you the side-to-side spacing, and I will try to measure the angle between the down strut and the horizontal slot. Let me know if there's more details that would be helpful to you.

Jerry-

Thanks for the PDF file that helped a lot. I drew it up on CAD and add a couple of comments. Let me know what you think.

View attachment JD755 MID MOUNT BRACKET.pdf

Dave

/ JD 755 Mid Mower Mount Missing #6  
Your CAD drawing looks good to me, and accurately captures the dimensions I reported. Just several thoughts to add:

The side-to-side spacing, measured between the outboard sides of what I labeled as piece "B" is 16 1/16, plus or minus 1/16. I think there's room for some slop in this measurement due to the length of the draft arms.

The angle which you show as 32 degrees I "measured" as 28 to 30 degrees using a protractor. There wasn't enough room to firmly place the protractor against the hanger, so I was eyeballing parallel to estimate the angle. Obviously, that angle is not critical so long as the through hole for the pin is in the right location.

I recommend you measure the diameter of the pins on your mower and use that that set the width of the slot in piece "B" and the diameter of the through hole. My mower is currently high on the wall in my barn where I can't easily measure my pins.

I suspect that pieces "A" and "B" were fabricated from metric bar stock, since their measured thicknesses are close to 10 mm and 5 mm, and the width of piece "A" is close to 50 mm.

Good luck with your build, and let me know if I can be of additional help.

Jerry

Jerry-
Thanks for all of the help.
I did get the parts fabricated and welded into position. I have slight problem but I do not know if it is the brackets I welded on or there are different length draft arms. When I attach the drive shaft to the PTO the I am unable to attache the rear draft arms. Looks like the drive shaft is too long. But if I don't attach the drive shaft and attach the rear draft arms to the new mounts I am unable to attach the front draft arms to the deck mount as they are to long. Something is a miss. Any suggestions? Do you know if there are different front draft arm mounts? I do believe there are different PTO drive shafts. The unit I bought came off an 855 but from what I understood the mounting position on the frame changed.

Dave

/ JD 755 Mid Mower Mount Missing #8  
I believe the 855 has a longer frame than the 755. That might explain why the front draft arms position the mower too far to the rear. If it'll help, I can measure my front arm length for you. Will try tp do it tomorrow. Do you have a friendly JD parts guy who could compare part nos for you? Alternatively, you might do it yourself at JDparts online. Parts for the mmm are listed as a component under the 655/755/855/955 compact tractors.

/ JD 755 Mid Mower Mount Missing #9  
Here's a quick picture of the front arms to help you compare.

Attachments

• image-3195772036.jpg
    image-3195772036.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 174
Jerry,
Thank you for all of your help. I did get everything mounted up except the universal driveshaft. I had to get the right bracket for the front draft arm mount. If you have time could you get me a dimension on the overall length of the universal drive shaft collapsed and extended. I will need to modify the 855 driveshaft as it is longer.

Thanks,

Dave