don't run right

/ don't run right #1  

snopro440

Tractor
jd 110
don\'t run right

i have a older jd and it will start right up,but give it a minute to warm up and it starts running bad until it just stall's ,about 4-5 minutes-does anyone have any ideas? it ia a older 110 with a 8hp kohler

/ don't run right #4  
Re: don\'t run right

I would give the same advice as RaT but add that a dirty carburator or fuel can do some strange things.

Just a couple of more questions though.
Will it start right back up or do you have to wait a while?
Did it run OK last season.

You need to give us more info. All you can think of and more.

/ don't run right #5  

Sounds like it could be in the fuel system, like it was said before, check the gas cap, fuel filter and carb for obstruction, sometimes the needle valve will stick if its dirty. If all this fails, try a tune up with a new condenser. A bad condenser will drive you crazy.

/ don't run right

yes billyp, i have to let it set for a bit before it will start again.i have removed the fuel cell and cleaned it,and also the carb.i have also replaced the plug and coil wire,and still the same thing.
i am starting to get frustriated with it any help will would be great.

/ don't run right

thanks garyp,everything you can tell me helps

/ don't run right #8  

Try running it and then loosen the gas cap just about the time it cuts out. If no air gets into the tank, it will starve the engine of gas even if the engine has a fuel pump.

/ don't run right

thank's RAT,i took your advice and did it and it still does the same thing. it act's like it's leaning out to-much as it's stalling out,it back fire's and blow's flames out the exhaust.

/ don't run right #10  

Good chance then you need to pull the bowl and check the float. I have a similar engine and that is where the problem was. Water corroded the bowl area and the float/needle valve were messed up.