Do I hve a problem?

/ Do I hve a problem? #1  

oldline1

Tractor
John Deere 1025R
I have a JD 1025R. I have had it for slightly over 1 year and it's an amazing little tractor. Yesterday the dealer brought it back from the shop after installing and setting up my new 60" MMM. I did a little grass cutting before it got dark and it seems to be just what I need to replace my lousy, worthless, constantly broken Cub Cadet 46" riding mower.

Anyway, I noticed that when I get in a tight area with the JD and go to back up the MMM cuts out. I thought this was odd and just watched several youtube videos of guys playing with their setups. None of them stopped working in reverse. Hum? Did they install something wrong? I read the short manual with my MMM but didn't see anything about cutting out in reverse. Any ideas?

Thanks,
oldline1

/ Do I hve a problem? #2  
Nothing is wrong. It is a safety device, and is working properly. Look in your manual for RIO, or Reverse implement Option.

/ Do I hve a problem? #3  
Look on U Tube, there are work around's for this problem.

/ Do I hve a problem? #5  
Read the owner's manual -- you just need to pull the PTO knob up momentarily before going into reverse, then let go.

OMLVU25849

Other Deere's have a separate RIO button, but on this model you pull the knob to activate RIO.

Some people bypass it all together, but I've never had an issue with the RIO buttons myself.

/ Do I hve a problem?
OK. Found it in the manual. I had forgotten that feature when I first bought the tractor and used it. I DID read the manual before starting it up and playing but it skipped my mind.

The reason I asked it that this RIO feature only happens when I have the MMM hooked up and working. When I use the roto tiller or rotary cutter I don't have to pull out on the PTO knob when I back up and the tractor stays running. Also if I'm just using the tractor alone. That's why I was curious about that safety feature/hassle.