Do I need longer bolts to install FEL frame brackets on 2720?

/ Do I need longer bolts to install FEL frame brackets on 2720? #1  

Deadman

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, X475
I ordered the loader frame mount brackets for my 2720 today and then I looked at my 2720 and wondered if I need to buy "longer" bolts when I install the FEL brackets to the frame? I know the bolts get removed and the brackets go on, but I'm not sure if the factory bolts are long enough? Anyone know for sure?

I know I ordered the FEL mount attaching kit from my dealer, and they thought it came with little to no hardware by looking at the kit.

Does anyone know if I need longer bolts?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

/ Do I need longer bolts to install FEL frame brackets on 2720? #2  
If the current bolts seem inadequate I would tell the dealer the correct bolts are missing and he should get on the stick. The correct bolts should have come with the kit.

But if they don't, measure how far the bolts would go into the case with the brackets on. Make sure they would go in deep enough or that they wouldn't bottom out on something if you did get longer bolts. Then get the strongest bolts recommended for the job.

I also would LockTite the bolts in so they wouldn't come loose.

/ Do I need longer bolts to install FEL frame brackets on 2720?
I only ordered the brackets and attaching kit, so I didn't get it yet and I didn't remove any of the factory bolts to check length yet. I'm reluctant to remove the factory bolts, because I removed ones on my 2520 and I had to replace the bolt because it was stretched (loader on this one that stressed the bolts).

(I was trying to swap the loader brackets from my 2520 onto my 2720 and realized they are DIFFERENT and when I went to put the bolts back in, thats when I had trouble and needed to order replacement bolts because mine are stretched)

I'm just not 100% sure if the factory bolts are long enough to mount the FEL brackets or if the FEL kit comes with longer bolts.

/ Do I need longer bolts to install FEL frame brackets on 2720? #4  
The bolts that are in the frame from the factory are M12x25. With the loader you will receive (8) M12x55 and (10) M12x35. Some of these bolts replace existing bolts and some go into unused holes. The instructions will tell you which of the existing frame bolts will get replaced with the new longer bolts.

/ Do I need longer bolts to install FEL frame brackets on 2720?
Thanks! I'll order them! :)