Curtis Cab on a 790

/ Curtis Cab on a 790 #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Was at my dealer yesterday getting supplies for 200 hour service and noticed a cab tractor in the yard. After checking out I walked over to have a look. Turned out to be a 790 with a full Curtis cab. Naturally, I had to give it the once over.

Doors on each side with hard plastic glazing. Front windshield is glass and opens at the bottom a few inches. Back and side windows (behind the doors) are flexible plastic and come off via velcro. Rigid canopy and frame looks somewhat permanent. The doors pop off easily. Also had a heater and windshield wiper.

I expected it to be cozy inside since the 790 is a bit cramped anyway but it wasn't. Plenty of space and easy to get in/out. The RH door is all but useless due to the heater location but that side is awkward on my 790.

I was a bit disappointed with the fit/finish. The front frame attaches to the operator platform with some "one size fits all" brackets that overlap the platform but not entirely. The fabric around the cowling attaches with velcro that is double stick taped to the cowling/hood. The rear frame/canopy attachement looked better.

Overall, it was kind of neat and would be fantastic in the winter. Because the canopy and front glass are permanent I think it would be a too much for the summer (my tastes).

Anyone in the area can see it over at Walkers in Union /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Curtis Cab on a 790 #2  
Rob; I have looked at several cabs (Curtis and others), and reached the same conclusion as you. I would love a cab in the winter, spring, and fall, but I think it would be a heat box during summer mowing. Now if some manufacturer would make a cab that would be as easy to detach as my FEL... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Will

/ Curtis Cab on a 790 #3  
<font color="blue"> but I think it would be a heat box during summer mowing. </font>

On the soft sided ones, like the post describes, the doors, sides and back are all easily removable. So you end up with it being open all around except the front windshield and top. The top keeps the sun off of you. The windshield keeps the bugs out of your teeth /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Curtis Cab on a 790 #4  
"The windshield keeps the bugs out of your teeth "

Must be some mighty slow flying bugs!