Rear Lift arm problem

/ Rear Lift arm problem #11  
:welcome: to TBN

I replace the lynch pins with bolts and lock nuts. Too easy for a stick to poke them just right and cause the problem you have.

Is this the Kubota? (question only because this is in the Deere forum, and not that it changes anything).

Sorry to hear of the problem..

/ Rear Lift arm problem #12  
I take it he is referring to the K-L4600 in his 'Profile'... yes.

The lynch-pins can be dislodged by brush or vegetation or terrain when using the tractor. You need to keep checking them or replace with bolts/locking nuts as 'beenthere' suggests.

As to your current problem - It is virtually impossible to weld the broken cast steel upside down and with oil contamination of the metal grain structure. So you would have to dismantle the rear-end and clean the housing thoroughly and even then few welders will guarantee a successful 'leak-free' weld when oil has been in the broken casting.

You could have a 'Patch Plate' made which would be bolted over the damaged area. Bolt holes around the perimeter and drilled/threaded into the casing. Like an inspection cover plate if you can visualise what I mean?

A drain hole could be incorporated into the patch-plate with a suitable bung. RTV silicone sealant could be used as a 'gasket'.

This MacGuyver repair would save you dismantling the rear-end of your tractor as it could be accomplished in-situ.

Good luck. :horseshoe: